The Battle of Yorktown, 1781 (Part 5)

Trigger Warning: description of sickening injuries

Applies to the entire chapter

~~~

Alexander's POV

"Hamilton," a voice called from outside my tent. It was General George Washington's. "She's back. They found her."

My body jolted at the news. I slowly stood up while maintaining eye contact. "How is she?" I whispered.

Washington's jaw dropped slightly, and looked down towards the ground. "I'm sorry, Son. She's-"

My stomach lurched forward, and my throat became very tight. "Wait, you don't mean..."

He sighed loudly. "Y/N...she's alive, but they can't tell for how much longer."

My legs didn't want to move, but I forced them to. "Where is she?" I said as I took steps forward to make my way outside.

"Medical tent."

"Oh."

~~~

"Y/N..." I breathed out. I stared in awe at the repulsive, black and blue markings littering her torso. My eyes trailed up to her face, pale and drained of life. She was a lot thinner and looked so fragile. As silent as a leaf floating to the ground. 

When I had been informed of what happened, my heart sunk, my mind trying to imagine what the scene may have looked like. 

"Y/N, we... we won the war. I know you'd wanted this so badly. You've been out for two days. You have to wake up, Y/N, so we can feed you and..." I laughed out of fear. "What would the others do if they were here? I wonder if they would feel the same as me, seeing you die right in front of my face, and there nothing I can do." I pulled at my hair and laughed some more. "They would kill me, that's for sure. I should've kept an eye on-"

"Mr. Hamilton, sir, excuse me, but we must deal with the young lady now. We ask that you please exit, and we'll notify you when you can return," a doctor said frustratedly to me.

"But I have to stay," I clenched my fists. "Why can't I stay?!"

"Please, calm down. We can't have distractions while attending to her."

"Attending to her?" I said slowly.

The doctor sighed. "We'll try a few ways to wake her up. It's going to be too late soon-"

"Don't say that," I whispered. 

Silence between the two of us.

"I'll go now," I continued. "Do your best. I'll pay for whatever needs to be done."

The doctor shook his head. "No need. For our soldiers, it's the least we could do."

I nodded. I stared the doctor right in his eyes. "Keep her alive, or I'll have your head."

~~~

I sat down at my desk. 

How am I going to do this?

I took out some paper and ink and sat in silence for a while, staring off at the blank sheet.

Finally, I let out a shaky breath.

Marquis de Lafayette,

Your presence is urgently needed at Fort Washington. There's been an accident revolving around Y/N, and there is little time left. Please arrive as soon as possible.

Regards,

A. Ham

Writing a copy to John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Aaron Burr, and the three sisters, I sealed each envelope shut.

It wasn't much, but it sure as day was difficult to put the situation on paper, making it a reality.

I've never had anyone close to me pass away before, besides my mother. And even then, I was fairly young.

What to do? What to do? What to do?

We wait.

It's all we can do.

Yo.

Are y'all excited or sad for the end?

Honestly, I have no clue what to write. I've been making it up as I go.

Even if I killed y'all off, I'd still have to write more about it unless I just keep it at your POV.

Hmmm...

What time is it?!

Q&A tIME!

Hamilton Question: What's the worst song on the soundtrack, in your opinion?

In my opinion, it's Cabinet Battle 2. The lyrics are still awesome and genius and everything. It's just not very hyped up.

Regular Question: What's your favorite word in all of the history of the universe? (Any language)

Mine is "y'all." I just love saying it. Especially when I say "all y'all." It's funny because it sounds great, but then it's like "all you all," which sounds strange.

*Takes a deep breath* LOVE Y'ALL <3