Chapter 11 - He Who Is Called Ace

Hinata and Kageyama find Y/N after class and catch him up on the events of the day before.

"So I guess we're gonna have to talk some sense into him, huh?" Y/N says.

"Exactly." Kageyama says. "I can't even imagine why he would just quit after getting blocked. It doesn't make sense."

"Well if you consider the fact that he was the guy that the entire team relied on to finish games and score when nobody else can, it must have been hard to feel so helpless and to feel like he let the team down." Y/N says, recalling what it felt like to be the ace.

"I guess that kind of makes sense," Hinata starts. "But how could you lose your love for the game just because of that?"

"There's no point thinking about it right now," Kageyama says. "We only need to worry about bringing him back."

"Agreed." Y/N says.

Timeskip

After finding out where Asahi would be at the time, the boys head off to find him.

They see a guy who looks like a full grown man leaving a classroom.

"That's got to be him," Y/N says. "Yo Ace,
wait up."

This caught Asahi off guard because he hasn't been called that for a long time.
He turns around to see three boys in their Karasuno Volleyball Club jackets walking toward him. He was surprised to see a guy a lot taller than him, as he is usually the tallest guy in every room he's in.

"You guys must be the new first years, huh?" He asks.

"That's us," Hinata says. "And we're here to bring you back to the team."

"And we won't give up," Y/N adds. "We'll bother you every day until you come back. Nishinoya won't play unless you come back, and he's the best libero I've ever seen, so we need him."

"Absolutely." Kageyama finishes. "You two are our missing pieces."

After fifteem minutes of an emotional conversation between the four boys, they manage to convince Asahi to at the very least check out the new talent on the team.

At practice

After seeing Asahi, the second and third years run up to greet him with smiles on their faces.

"We missed you, man." Suga says..

"Damn right," Tanaka adds. "Hasn't been the same without you bro."

"It's good to see you, ace." Daichi says.

"I don't know if I'm staying, guys." Asahi says. "I'm just going to see how good the first years are."

"Well, if anything can make you fall back in love with the game, it's these guys." Daichi says.

Y/N serves it to Kageyama normally so he can actually receive it, and Hinata bumps it to Kageyama, and then they do their crazy quick, making Asahi's jaw drop.

"That's incredible..." he says in in total awe of what he witnessed.

"Yeah it is," Daichi says. "And that's not even their fastest. You should see them when they're completely warmed up."

"Asahi!" Noya runs through the gym doors screaming in excitement. He runs and jumps on Asahi, making the tall boy fall down. "You're back!"

"I'm still undecided man."

"I'm so sorry!" This surprised Asahi as he was under the impression that there wasn't any reason for him to apologize.

"For what?"

"For not being able to cover for you in the Date Tech game." He says, grabbing Asahi's shirt, burying his tearful face in it. "But I promise, if you come back, you'll never have to worry about that again. I'll always he there to keep the ball in the air if you get blocked. I've been practicing every day, and I won't let you down."

"I should be the one apologi-" Asahi starts before being interrupted by Noya.

"No. I should've been able to cover for you."

After thinking for a minute, Asahi speaks up.

"I guess I don't have a choice do I?"

"You're coming back?" Noya asks.

"Yeah." He replies with determination in his eyes.

"Alright!" Hinata shouts in unison with Nishinoya. 

About half an hour into practice Takeda and a scary looking guy with his hair dyed blonde on top showed up.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Keishin Ukai, your new coach." Takeda announces.

"I'm only staying on for the Nekoma game."

"Right, sorry."

"Are you related to Ikkei Ukai by any chance?" Daichi asks.

"He's my grandfather."

"Awesome!" Hinata shouts.

"Is this the shorty you were talking about?" He asks Takeda.

"Hey, don't talk about me like I'm not here!"

"Calm down, would ya?" It was then that Ukai noticed a really tall kid with a strong build.

Y/N is practicing his serves to Nishinoya trying to receive, succeeding on about half.

That kid's pretty good. The libero isn't bad either. Keishin thinks.

"Who's that tall kid?" He asks Daichi.

"He's a first year," Daichi starts. "He's really talented and has amazing power. But his best skill to me is his game knowledge. He seems to know what the other team is going to do before they do it."

"This might be more interesting than I thought."

Thanks for waiting. Took me a bit to think where this chapter should go, and I'll probably update every 1 to 2 weeks, so please hang in there.
Much love