Chapter 1- Moving Out

2 Years Later

Since the day he quit volleyball, Y/N has moved to his aunt's house in Miyagi to start school there rather than Tokyo. He was thankful that both his parents understood, and his dad didn't hold too much resent for him for quitting. It took him a while but he finally came around.

Flashback to 1 year ago

Y/N was reading manga in his room when he suddenly heard a knock on his door.
"Come in." He called.
The door opened and dad walked through.
"Hey son," he started. "There's something I need to get off my chest."
"Okay...?" Y/N responded warily.
"I dont know if you know this, but I've been seeing a therapist for a while now to help with my anger. And she helped me realize something."
This came as a shock to Y/N because his father has never been one to talk about his feelings.
"I'm glad you're working on it dad." Y/N said with sincerity, as he hoped his dad would seek help for a while.
"Anyways," D/N continued. "I know you noticed that for a while I resented you for quitting and I've been cold towards you ever since. And after talking with my therapist, I realized after all this time that I pushed you too hard. I mistook your quitting for cowardice and disrespect, and didn't see that I was the cause of it. I know I'm not very good at apologies, but I'm truly sorry for treating you so terribly. I love you more than life itself and I hope you can forgive me."

There was a long pause as Y/N was caught off guard by this sudden change in his father.
After what felt like centuries to D/N, Y/N pulled his dad into a hug, happy to find out his father no longer resented him. Both males had tears in their eyes as they embraced each other.
"I forgive you, dad." Y/N said. "I love you too, and I'm happy you understand how I feel."
"Me too, son. Me too."

Ever since that day, Y/N and his father spent every weekend hanging out together and bonding over TV shows, anime, video games and even sports. Excluding volleyball because that still was a sore spot, but thankfully D/N didn't try to bring it back because it pushed them apart in the first place.

6 months before present day

With Y/N almost finished with his third year of middle school, he made a decision to attend Karasuno high, his dad's old high school. His parents were on board because Y/N couldn't escape the talk of his quitting the volleyball team, which many blamed him for their loss. He was ridiculed and frowned upon, so he decided it was time for a change.

Present day

"I'm all packed and ready to go, dad."
Y/N called out from downstairs.
"You're gonna visit us right?" His mother M/N asked as she left the kitchen.
"Yes ma'am," he replied. "Every weekend."
"You better," D/N said as he came down the stairs. "We're tied at 20 in Street Fighter V. We need to break the tie."
This brought a smile to Y/N's face.
"I look forward to beating you." He said.
"We'll see about that."

"Alright girls, put your claws away," M/N chimed in. "We don't wanna be late for your flight, do we?"
"No ma'am." Y/N said.
"It's just men being men, hon." D/N added. "We can't help it."

As Y/N put his luggage in the car, he was hit by a wave of excitement for this new chapter in his life.

Sorry for the short chapter. They'll get longer soon. I'm just laying out the foundation., but once I get to the Karasuno parts, they'll become longer. Thanks for reading

I promise it picks up soon, please bear with me.