VS Date Tech: Conclusion

Asahi serves the ball, which Date Tech receives cleanly. Moniwa sets up a quick attack for Aone, but Y/N and Tsuki jump and Y/N blocks it for a one touch.

Daichi sends the ball to Kageyama, who sets it up for Y/N. Jumping up, Y/N swings and hits the ball. Immediately Y/N feels a slight pain in his left shoulder, but ignores it. The ball bounces off Aone's hand and sails out of bounds.

"Nice one, Y/N!"

"Get us a service ace, Asahi!" Y/N says.

"I'll do my best."

Asahi tosses the ball up, and hits it. It goes off the bottom of his hand and sails straight for the net.

"Oh man." Asahi says.

As it approaches the net, it hits the top and, as if Y/N spoke it into existence, it goes over, drops onto the ground, scoring a point.

"Nice one, Asahi!" Y/N says. "Way to mess up!"

"Is that even a compliment?" Asahi asks.

"Let's get another point!"

Asahi serves, Date Tech receives it, sets up a spike, and it gets blocked by Tsuki.

"Good block, Tsukishima!" Tanaka yells.

Tsuki ignores him.

It's now a tie game, and the boys can taste victory.

Two more points. The inner thoughts of both teams are all the same. Two more points determines who moves on, and who goes home.

Asahi serves, and some back and forth ensues. One team would hit the ball and get a one touch, the other would repeat it. Meanwhile, the pain in Y/N's shoulder remains, though he still ignores it.

Y/N decides to use one of the signals that Suga taught Hinata and Kageyama. Getting the message, they get ready for the attack. Daichi receives it, the ball going to Kageyama.

Kageyama sets it high for Y/N while Hinata runs to trail him. Y/N fakes a spike, having the blockers on their way down from their jump when Hinata connects with the ball. He hits it hard right over the blockers' hands, getting a point.

"Yeah!" Y/N yells, holding his hand above his head.

"Alright!" Hinata yells with him, jumping and hitting Y/N's raised hand.

"Nice kill Hinata!"

One more. Y/N thinks. I'm getting this last point.

Turning to Aone, Y/N says, "I'm going to get the last point on our right side, and I'm going to hit it right through your arms."

Aone's eyes go wide, like two saucers.

Turning to Kageyama, he says, "When I call for it, don't hesitate. Just send it."

"Got it."

When Asahi serves, it goes straight to the libero, who send it to Moniwa. Surveying his options, he decides to send it Futakuchi who hits it straight into Tsuki's hand, the ball sailing into the air.

"One touch!"

Noya bolts to the ball, diving and saving it, the ball going to Daichi, who passes it to Kageyama. He jumps, sends it to Y/N, who hits it off Aone's hand for another one touch. This time, it goes straight at their libero, who sends it to Moniwa once again. When the ball gets to him, he attempts a setter dump, but Noya read it all the way and saves it.

"No way!" A guy in the crowd yells as everyone oohs and ahhs at Noya's save. "He saves a setter dump?!"

The ball starts falling, and Y/N dives for it, the ball going to Daichi, who sends it over the net.

"Everyone get set!" Ukai yells.

A spike from Futakuchi gets past Tsuki and Hinata, but Noya somehow managed to get off the floor and to the back in not time at all to save it. The ball goes to Kageyama, who gets ready to set it.

This one's mine. Y/N thinks.

"THIS POINT IS MINE!" He yells, drawing everyone's attention to him. "SEND IT TO ME!"

Kageyama does just that, and Y/N bends his back, brings his left arm back, his feet pointing up towards his head. Uncoiling his body and swinging his arm, he hits the ball right at Aone's arm, making it go backwards, the ball flying off of it, towards the Date Tech bench, landing right in front of Oiwake, bouncing over his head.

"YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!" Y/N yells.

"WAY TO GO SON!" D/N says, with M/N and
A/N cheering next to him.

Cheers erupt from the Karasuno side of the court and the bench.

"He just hit the ball through 'The Iron Wall'?" A spectator said in disbelief.

"I didn't think that was possible." His friend added.

"Woah," Nobuteru Irihata, Aoba Johsai's coach, says. "That kid's more of a problem than I thought."

"I hate prodigies!" Oikawa says.

"Is that your favorite phrase or something?" Iwaizumi asks. Oikawa just scowls.

"Yo, Aone," Y/N says, his hand outstretched. "You played a good game. You're mad talented. I'm sure we'll see you guys again sometime down the line."

"Thank you," Aone replies, shaking Y/N's hand. "You are good, as well."

"Thanks."

"Y/N!" Daichi says. "We've got to get ready for our next match."

"I'm coming. See you around, Aone."

"See you."

Once the adrenaline of the match wears off, Y/N notices the pain in his left shoulder has gotten worse. When he tries to roll his arm to stretch it out, he feels a sharp pain.

"Ahh!" Y/N exclaims. "Dammit!"

"You okay, Y/N?" Daichi asks.

"Yeah," Y/N replies. "Just a little shoulder soreness."

"That sounded like more than soreness." Daichi has a concerned look on his face. Approaching
Y/N, he says, "Let me see your shoulder."

Daichi reaches out, and moves Y/N's shirt to the side, exposing his shoulder. "At least it's not swollen. Try lifting your arm over your head."
When Y/N does this, his arm stops halfway and he grunts in pain. A feeling of dread washes over Y/N, and Daichi can sense it.

"What's going on here?" Ukai asks, the rest of the team, along with Takeda and Kiyoko, trailing behind him.

"It looks like Y/N hurt his shoulder," Daichi says. "He can't move his arm too well."

"When did this happen, Y/N?" Ukai asks.

"Late in the second set," he replies. "I think the last hit made things worse."

"I don't think he can keep playing." Daichi says.
Y/N's face falls, the disappointment clear in his face.

"I'm sending you to the medical office to see what they think." Ukai says.

"Okay." Y/N says, looking defeated. As he heads to the medical office, he looks up at his family, who all have concerned looks on their faces. Shaking his head with a somber look, he disappears into the hallway.