Chapter 12 : A Toss To The Ace

"Let's not waste anymore time," Keishin says. "I've lined us up a practice game against some alumni to see how good you guys are."

"Really?" Hinata says. "Awesome!"

"We're going to play against a bunch of old men?" Kageyama asks.

It was at this point that the guys walked in, and they weren't what the team was expecting.

They were all in their late twenties to early thirties and were all tall and had pretty athletic builds.

"Oh this is gonna be fun!" Y/N shouts.

"I know, right?!" Hinata yells back.

After the introductions, it was time to decide the teams.

"Alright listen up," Keishin says. "We're gonna have to send a couple guys to the neighborhood team in order to even things out, so Asahi and Sugawara will join them. As for Karasuno High, we have Daichi, Kageyama, Y/N, Hinata, Tsukishima, and Nishinoya at libero."

As everyone gets lined up, they all shout, "Thank for the game!"

Kageyama is first to serve for the game, executing a perfect jump serve with pretty good power.

Shimada receives it cleanly, sending it to Suga who sets it to Uchizawa for what they think will be an easy point, but Tsuki gets there much faster than they expect and he gets a one touch.

Daichi bumps it Kageyama, who gives a look to Hinata, who runs and jumps as high as he can, eyes closed, and spikes it down, leaving the alumni speechless.

"What the hell was that?" Mori asks.

"That's incredible," Asahi says. "It was so fast that I didn't even see the ball until it hit the ground."

"Nice on Hinata." Y/N says.

"Thanks."

"Alright Kageyama," Y/N starts. "Your serve."

"I know," he retorts. "I know how to play."

"Alright, geez."

When Kageyama serves, it's received cleanly and Suga passes to Mori for a quick attack, evening the score at 1.

After scoring back and forth with the alumni getting ahead, Y/N was getting restless, only getting the chance to block but not spike. But after Tanka gets a point back, the score 20-24 in favor of the TNA.

But, it's finally Y/N's serve. He hasn't been able to serve due to getting subbed out in order to put Noya in the game.

Gotta make this one count. Y/N tosses the ball in the air, runs up, and slaps the ball hard, sending it flying. Takinoue tries to receive it, but it was too hard of a hit to receive for him, so it bounces off his arms and out of bounds.

"Ouch!" He yelps.

"Nice one, Y/N!" Hinata says. Y/N holds his hand up over his head for a high five, and Hinata jumps and slaps his hand.

Y/N gets 3 more service aces before TNA finally manages to receive it, and they get a point. With the score now at 24-25, TNA is now at set point.

"Finally," Asahi says. "We stopped the bleeding."

"Let's get this last point guys." Suga says.

Y/N receives Asahi's serve, sending it back over the net.

"Dammit," he says between gritted teeth. "That's my bad."

After Shimada bumps the ball towards Suga, everyone hears a shout.

"Sugaaaaa!" Asahi yells. "Over here!"
Suga sends the ball to him, all the upperclassmen getting emotional, and he hits it straight at the triple block, breaking through it and getting a point.

"Yeahhhhh!" Asahi shout.

"Nice one Asahi!" Everyone shouts.

"The ace is back!"

Sorry for taking such a long break. I got kinda bored writing this after a while and lost all motivation. But I opened up the app after like 2 weeks of not opening and say that I had over 99 notifications on this story alone, and it made me want to at least finish this chapter.
I don't know when I'll be back again, or even if I will, but for now, here's this chapter.
Tell me what you thought of it. Am I a bit rusty?