Chapter 14: Karasuno Meets Nekoma

The boys load up on the bus and head towards Nekoma High. While most of the boys are talking volleyball and being loud, Y/N is sitting next to Hinata, helping him with homework.
Hinata grabs his hair in frustration, saying, "Statistics is so hard!"
"You learned it last year, how do you not know it?" Y/N says.
"I had trouble with it last year too!"
"I see..."
After spending most of the ride there trying to explain the same 3 things to Hinata, Y/N had kind of checked out when they arrived.
"Alright, everyone off the bus." Daichi said.
"It's time for some fun!" Y/N says energized again. "Right Hinata?"
He turns to Hinata and sees him hunched over, grabbing his stomach.
"Ah geez. This could be rough."
Some time later

Hinata brings Y/N to meet Kenma, the setter he met after getting lost.
"Y/N, this is Kenma, the setter for Nekoma."
"Nice to meet you, Kenma."
"Hello. It's very nice to meet you."
"Do you play street fighter?" Y/N asks.
"That's a weird question."
"Well it's just that nobody in our area seems to know what it is, so I don't have anyone to talk to about it."
"Well yeah, I play it."
"Awesome!" Y/N exclaims. "Who do you main?"
"Cammy."
"What?!" Y/N takes a step back in amazement. "She's like the hardest character to master!"
"That's why I chose her. To see if I could. And I can."
"Amazing..."
"Yo," Y/N hears a call to his left. "You guys talking Street Fighter?"
"Yeah." Y/N says. "You play?"
"As a matter of fact I do." The boy replies. "My name's Kuroo, nice to meet you."
"Who do you main?"
"Gill."
Y/N suddenly gets flashbacks of every time he lost to his dad because of Gill's Seraphic Wing, the cheesiest move in the game.
"I'm going to crush you today." Y/N said with a surprising amount of malice. Not enough to be concerned about, but he seemed genuinely mad at Kuroo.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. Let's go Hinata."
"Okay," he says, turning to the others. "Sorry about that. He hates Gill mains, whatever that means."
Kenma and Kuroo look at each other in bewilderment. Kuroo shrugs and gets in the spiking line for warm ups.

After both teams warm up, each team gets in their huddle.
In the huddle, coach Ukai explains the game plan.
"Since we get the first serve, we're going to start off strong to get some momentum going, so Y/N will be serving first, with Hinata and Tsukishima in front. Daichi in back middle, with Tanaka in back left. Asahi, since this is your first game back, I'm going to ease you into the groove of things, okay?"
"I was hoping you'd say that." He says with relief apparent on his face.
"Now let's get out there and show them how high we Crows can fly. Fly on three. One, two, three."
"FLY"

I'm baaaaaack. Been a while, but all of a sudden I got energized and motivated. I need to start checking my notifications because every time I read them, I write a chapter or two, so if I continue, I'll be doing this more regularly, so please be sure to leave some comments. Wether it's support, praise, or constructive criticism on how I can improve my writing or even suggestions on where you want the story to go, I'll read every single comment. I appreciate all your kind words and helpful tips you've all given me. Thank you so much for your support, and I'll try to repay that kindness.
Anyways, what are your thoughts on the chapter?