VS Date Tech: Set 2

Ukai explains the positioning everyone and how Y/N will serve to start the set.

A whistle from the ref lets everyone know it's time to start the next set.

"GO Y/N!" Startled, Y/N looks to the stands and spots his dad standing next to his mom and aunt. "YOU CAN DO IT, SON!"

Smiling at his dad, Y/N gives him a thumbs up and blows a kiss to his mom and aunt.

Getting set, Y/N rolls his neck and stretches his arms, doing small bunny hops, jumping higher each time. With one last big jump, he lands, looking down, his long hair covering his face. Hee looks up slowly, with a scary look in his eye. He points directly at Date Tech's libero, telling them exactly where he's about to hit it. The crowd and Date Tech's team and coaches all gasped in surprise, while Ukai face palms, exasperated.

D/N just smiles, saying, "Cocky as always."

Getting a whistle, Y/N takes a quick breath, tosses the ball up, and runs to it. Jumping high with his back arched, time stood still as he seemed to fly. His left arm back and right hand pointed at the ball, Y/N gets ready to smack the ball.

"A lefty?!" Oiwake, Date Tech's coach exclaims. Arms crossedand with an arrogant look on his face, Ukai snickers.

Whipping his arm forward, he slaps the ball so hard it ripples, sailing exactly where he pointed. The libero preparers to receive the serve, only for it to hit his arms so hard the ball bounced off him and hit the wall twenty feet behind him.

So much power, Oikwake coach thinks. And with such accuracy.

With his cocky grin still in place, Y/N gets the ball from the ref to serve again.

"I hate when he gets like this." Ukai says.

"Like what?" Takeda asks.

"Arrogant. It's annoying. He's really good at volleyball, and he knows it. It pisses me off."

"So you're saying you're just jealous of him?" Kiyoko asks.

"N-no! Don't be ridiculous!"

I got the libero out of the way. Y/N thinks. That ought to put at least a little fear in them. Who should I target next?

Settling on the back corner, Y/N sends it straight at him, getting another service ace. He repeats the process two more times before Date Tech finally gets it into the air. They get a quick attack past Tsuki, but Noya is right there to save it.

This leads to a quick attack for Tsuki, who gets blocked by Aone, scoring a point for Date Tech, finally getting them on the board, the score now 4-1.

Futakuchi is up to serve, and zeroes in on Y/N, assuming he's bad at receives. The same mistake Seijo made in the practice matches. Sending it to him as hard as he could, he is shocked to see Y/N receive it almost perfectly.

With Hinata and Y/N in the back, Karasuno's main weapons were Tanaka and Tsukishima.

As Kageyama gets ready to set it for Tanaka, he hears a yell behind him.

"Me!" Y/N shouts. Without hesitation, Kageyama sets Y/N up for a back row attack. Y/N runs and jumps, bringing his right hand back, ready to hit the ball at the opening he saw on the left side. Hitting the ball perfectly, he hits it towards the opening, the ball hitting the ground untouched.

"HE SWITCHED TO HIS RIGHT?!" Everyone yells.

"What the hell is this kid?!" Ukai shouts. "I didn't even know he could do that!"

"THAT'S MY BOY, Y/N!" D/N shouts.

"Great job, baby!" M/N shouts.

"Timeout!" Oiwake shouts.