Chapter 15: Verses Nekoma

Y/N hears the whistle and gets ready to serve. He jumps and hits it hard, making a popping sound so loud that it reverberated around the gym, the sound echoing off the walls. Before Nekoma knew it, the ball flew past all of them and landed just inside the line, getting an opening service ace. Dumbfounded, the Nekoma players reel back in surprise.

He's good. Kenma thinks. He isn't just tall. He had perfect form, a scary amount of power and an equally scary amount of accuracy.

"Nice kill, Y/N," the team shouts. "Get is another one."

"You got it!"

Before serving, Y/N feels the gaze of someone on him. That's when he locks eyes with Kenma. He's looking right at Y/N with a gaze that makes him feel like Kenma is a scientist studying him with a magnifying glass.

This rattles Y/N to a degree that he didn't think was possible.

The Nekoma coach, Nekomata, looks at Y/N staring at Kenma. Oh. Would you look at that. Someone is perceptive enough to know when he's being studied. This will definitely be interesting.

Y/N stands there, unable to move. He heard the whistle, which takes him out of his trance. He tosses the ball up and serves it, but it sails over the line.

"Y/N, you okay?" Hinata asks.

"That guy is freaky."

"Who? Kenma?"

"Yeah."

This puzzle Hinata, as he doesn't realize how intensely Kenma is studying the whole team, and he's only had good interactions with him.

"Get your head in the game, Y/N!" Ukai yells.

"Sorry, old man," Y/N says. "Just nervous is all."

"What did you call me?!" Takeda holds Ukai back by his arms, while Ukai yells and squirms, his teeth now sharp fangs.

The whistle blows and Nekoma serves. The ball heads straight toward Y/N, Nekoma assuming he's not very good at receives, like most kids with a lot of height and offensive power. Luckily for Karasuno, Y/N is not most kids. He receives the ball with perfect form and accuracy, reversing its rotation. The ball goes straight to Kageyama, who gets ready for a quick attack with Hinata.

Right as Kageyama touches the ball, it's teleports to Hinata's hand. He smacks it and scores a point, catching Nekoma off guard.

That point strarts the rotation, so Tsukishima gets ready for a serve. He sends it over, the ball going toward Nekoma's ace, Taketora Yamamoto. He passes to Kenma, who sets it to Kuroo. He spikes a straight shot past Hinata, the ball going right for Tsukishima, who receives it poorly, the ball going out of bounds. A frustrated Tsukishima curses, but sees a blur of black go by him. It was Y/N, sprinting towards the ball. He dives and saves it, the ball going to Daichi, who sends it over the net.

This puts them in a tough situation, because now they're outnumbered 6-5 because Nekoma's libero is out, and Y/N is still on the ground.

Kenma sets to Kuroo for a quick attack. but Hinata got there quick, getting a one touch. This gave Y/N enough time to get back up and get in position again.

Daichi bumps the ball to Kageyama, who sets to Y/N for a back row attack. Y/N hits it, but Sō Inuoka, (the guy who kept blocking Hinata, wore #7) got both hands on the ball, so he thought he got a block. But the hit was so powerful, it made his hands go back, sending the ball in the air.

Damn! Sō thinks. I thought I had him.

The flies towards Kenma, who fools the entire Karasuno team with a setter dump.

The teams kept scoring back and forth, making the score 15-12, in favor of Karasuno. On the court for Karasuno are Y/N in front left, Hinata in front middle, Tsukishima in front right, Kageyama serving, Noya in back middle, and Asahi in back right.

The ball hasn't hit the ground for the past 2 minutes, which felt like an eternity to both teams. Something had to give, and that something in the form of Sō Inuoka. Hinata has been on a tear, but this time, Sō caught him.

Hinata goes up for a spike, but after he hit it, it came right back over the net and onto the ground.

Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Tell me what you think