Chapter 33

Ariana's POV

Our personal chef was here this morning cooking a big breakfast. I had already got Papa and Stella dressed for the day. I let Carmella sleep in. "Here's your check Esperanza" I said handing it to my nanny. "A raise? This is too much Miss Ariana" she said. "You look after my children as if they were your own. You help me a lot and you need this. Oh and tomorrow you have the day off. I've arranged a spa day and other treatments for you" I said smiling at her. She thanked me and went to go get the kids bags ready for today. "Good morning" Carmella said coming in the kitchen. "Morning, are you hungry? Breakfast is ready" I said feeding Stella some eggs. Papa was in his own world eating some strawberries. The chef fixed Carmella's plate and she sat down and ate.

After breakfast me and Esperanza got the kids in the SUV and drove into the city. First was the hair salon. "Hello Miss Ariana, what can I do for you today?" my hairdresser asked. "This is Carmella, I brung her here today for a hair makeover" I said. "Come darling, lets bring life to your hair" she said motioning for Carmella to come follow her. "Go, we will be waiting" I said. "I'm going to have to carry shopping bags aren't I" Massimo asked. "Yep" I said patting his arm.

After going from store to store and giving Carmella a full wardrobe and makeover, we headed to the prison where Stephen was. "Everybody stay here, I'll be back" I said getting out. I went through the same procedure I do every time I come here. I walked in the visitation room and gave him a hug and kiss. "I have something to tell you" I said as we sat down. "What is it?" He asked. I whispered everything from yesterday in his ear. "So you want to keep her?" He asked. "Yes, she doesn't have anywhere to go" I said with puppy dog eyes. "She can stay. I'll have my lawyer bring adoption papers by the house. After the adoption process goes through enroll her into school. The best one you can find" he said causing me to smile. "How are the kids?" He asked. "Healthy and okay" I said. The last time I came here was last week.  I bought the kids with me. It was great to see them with their father again.

After we left the prison the lawyer was already at the house waiting. Stephen wastes no time. "Hello Mr. Romano" I said as we walked into the house. "Mr. Manganiello asked me to bring these papers for you to go over and sign" he said. "Carmella how would you feel if me and Stephen adopted you?" I asked. "I would love that! Are you going to?" She asked. "Yes we are and you're going to get enrolled into school" I said causing her to jump up and down in excitement.

Carmella's POV

I couldn't believe I had finally got rescued. I was still thinking I was stuck in some perfect dream. Luckily I was still able to retain my virginity. I didn't know what it felt like to get my hair done and go shopping. I was shocked when she said I could get whatever I wanted. This was the family I prayed for every night. Growing up in a brothel I was basically a servant. Then when I turned 13 they started training me to be a whore. I thought my life was going to be hell forever. I will always be eternally grateful for Mrs. Manganiello.

I was in my room admiring it. It was simply perfect in my eyes. Last night was the best sleep and meal I ever had. I would only eat the scraps at the brothel. Whatever that was left after everyone else ate. To be able to bathe was a blessing itself. "Hey, I was just checking on you" Ariana said coming in my room. "I'm fine just thinking. I've never been this happy before" I said. "Well I have something that would make you even happier" she said stepping out the doorway. Two men walked in with a 55 inch tv. "This room needs some entertainment. Plus I got you a phone, computer, and iPad. Oh and some treats from the wine vineyard. Chocolate covered strawberries and some fresh grapes" she said as her assistant brought everything in the room. My eyes began to tear up. I never had nice things like this. "All of this is for me?" I asked crying. "Of course, you will be treated like a princess. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure you become more than what those people at that brothel was going to make you" she said hugging me. "You're one of my children now. I won't treat you anything less than that" she added before letting me go. She set my tv up for me as well as all my devices. "We have everything you can think of. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, YouTube tv, the list really just goes on and on. Massimo is going to bring your snacks in a minute" she said before leaving out the room.

I had been binge eating and watching this show called Strangers Things. It's so good and I can't turn away from the tv. I had installed a few games and apps on my phone and iPad. Never have I been more content with my life.

Sofía's POV

"When are you going to tell them you're sick Alessandro?" I asked my husband. "The treatments are working. I'll be fine in no time. There's no need to say anything" he said kissing my forehead before leaving. Alessandro hasn't been right since that mild heart attack he had. It worries me everyday that I might lose my husband. Alessandro stayed true to me through everything. Even after we found out I couldn't have anymore children after Stephen. I just wouldn't be able to take it if I lost him.

Alessandro is sick and doesn't want anyone to know😕. Stephen and Ariana are adopting Carmella though🥳!!!