Chapter 22

Ariana's POV

"He made it through. It was a close call but he's a fighter. He suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and shoulder blade area. He can be released in a week to go home. You can go see him. He's awake" the Doctor said before leaving. My outfit was drenched in Stephen's blood. I wasn't leaving this hospital until I saw him. I went to his room and he was hooked up to all these machines and it made me want to burst into tears. "You're going to just stand there and look" he said barely above a whisper. I sat in a chair beside his bed and caressed his hand. "You're covered in blood still?" He asked me. He looked so weak and in pain. But still had an aura that screamed dominance and power. "I couldn't leave, I thought I lost you. I was scared" I said with tears streaming down my face. "Hey hey hey don't cry. I'm going to be fine. I promise. Now calm down and don't upset the baby" he said caressing my hand. I promise I'm going to find who did this you" I said. "Don't upset yourself Ariana. Do not intervene" he said firmly. I just looked away. Of course I wasn't going to listen.

"Go home. Get some rest baby" he said placing a light kiss on my knuckles. "I love you" I said placing a delicate kiss on his lips. "I love you more" he said placing his hand on my swollen belly. "Take care of my son" he said before he drifted off to sleep. As I walked out his hospital room I dialed Warrens number. "Warren I need you to get the best hackers we have and meet me at my house ASAP. This is not negotiable do not argue back with me. I need the best of the best. I need to find the son of a bitch who tried to take Stephen from his family. I'll be there in 20 minutes" I said hanging before he could protest anymore.

After arriving to the house Stephen's parents came over as well. We were all in the meeting room. "I was able to get the bullets back. They're the same ones that almost took Warren out" I said as I took my seat at the head of the table. "Whoever this is they're watching our every move. We need a plan" Warren spoke out. "We've been betrayed" I said. "Think about it, every time shit went down they knew our whereabouts" I said as I started to think harder.

"Sarah" I said looking up at them. "Go through her phone records. Check every move she has made within the past months of me being here. I have a feeling this bitch had something to do with this. Find her and take her to the warehouse. Lock her up there until I deal with her" I said going to my office. Stephen's parents followed me as well. "You sure you can handle this?" Alessandro asked me. "Yes I'm fine" I said typing on my computer. "We know Stephen told you not to intervene with this. You should just leave it to us" he added. "I watched as Stephen fell to the ground gasping for air. I watched as blood poured out the bullet wounds. I watched him close his eyes thinking he had died. I'm going to find who's doing this. They're going to die a slow painful death. There's no changing my mind. I refuse to sit here and do nothing while their probably celebrating thinking he's dead....." that's when it hit me. "We're going to fake like Stephen is dead. Have a funeral and everything. We lay low but still keep business going. Whoever this is wants to wipe us out. Let's give them what they want hypothetically speaking. Everything will reveal itself. We get in contact with our connections. Offer them something in exchange. We collect and gather all the information we can. Then we move in" I said. "This could work" Sofía said smiling. "Let's put it in action"Alessandro said agreeing. 

The Next Morning

Stephen was coming home today so we could keep him here and out of sight. He was going to be in our room where he will have a doctor to come in and check him everyday. It's too soon to have him out and back home, but it's for the best. Right now the news was out that Stephen was dead. But in actuality he wasn't. I got up when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it and Alessandro rolled Stephen in the house. "Get him upstairs and in the bed" I said to the guards that came with them.

We got him in the bed and comfortable. "I need to talk to Ariana" Stephen said as they left out the room leaving us alone. "I told you not to intervene. You did the exact opposite of what I told you to do. Yes you came up with a good plan. But I do not need you or my child in harms way. I know you're not going to stop. Just be careful" he said. "Your wounds need to be cleaned" I said getting out the first aid kit. I sat in bed with him and removed the bandages. I began to clean his wounds. He flinched a little but didn't show any pain really. "You don't have to be so hard and masculine" I said. "When you live a life like mine you don't have time to feel pain" he said caressing my thigh. "Warren is on the hunt for that Rossi guy who has something to do with the bullets. Sarah needs to be interrogated. I have a feeling she's the common denominator in all this shit" I said. I could feel heat and anger radiate off of Stephen's body. "Calm down. Everything is going to be fine. The plan will work" I said wrapping him up. "I hate this. I hate that I'm bound to this room. I hate that I can't do anything for myself" he said frustratedly. "This is temporary. This will pass over. You're going to be stronger than ever. I promise" I said as he calmed down. "Now I'm going to go get you some food and Sons of Anarchy is ready to play on the tv for you" I said kissing him. "I don't deserve you" he said smiling. "Oh but you do" I said as I returned a smile before walking out.

After I got Stephen his food I decided to check on how everything was going. "Did you find her" I asked Warren. "Yes we did, she's at the warehouse waiting to be interrogated. I have more news to share" he said trailing on. "Let me call Stephen's parents to come over and get Stephen down stairs" I said walking upstairs to help get Stephen out of bed.

After everyone got settled Warren preceded to tell us the news. "Well she's been in contact with a man named Federico Rossi. He's Roberto's cousin. Now the guy you sent in as informant has already brung in information. Federico is the one behind all of this. He's been using Sarah as a pawn. We don't know exactly what kind of deal he cut with her. Federico actually was working with Ariana's father. But unfortunately we found out about Suge's plans and that threw the operation off. Which is why it took a while for him to make his moves. He's already moving in trying to get our connects and our goods" Warren said. "That dumb ass is already moving to steal our product" I said. "Biggest mistake he could've made. It completely gave his identity away" Warren added. "I say we leave Federico a little message. Let's have some fun" Stephen said smiling. Just like that..... War had just begun.

So Stephen made it!!! Sarah betrayed the mafia! What y'all think they going to do to Sarah?