Chapter 46

A Week Later

Ariana's POV

As I woke up my body ached all over. Every movement I made I felt pain. "Baby?" I looked over and there Stephen was. "Why didn't you tell me?" I managed to croak out. "I thought I was protecting you by not saying anything. I thought if I slowly shut you out from everything you wouldn't worry about working with Mafia business" He said. "And look where that got me Stephen. In a hospital bed" I said.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant again?" He asked. "Because I didn't know what to do" I said. "What do you mean you didn't know what to do? You thought about killing my children?" He asked. I could feel his anger starting to rise. "Like I said I didn't know what I was going to do" I said looking away. "We leave for Italy in a few hours. Get some rest" he said getting up and leaving.

It hit me. I was pregnant with more than one baby.

Later That Day

"How are you feeling?" Massimo asked. "Like I got hit by a train" I said as he placed another blanket over me. "Why are you and Stephen fighting?" He asked. "I'm pregnant again. This time with twins. I'm scared. It's going to be a lot of stress to balance toddlers, a teenager, and two new babies. I thought about getting an abortion because I'm not ready to have anymore kids. But the girls say they could be blessings" I said. "It's your body, your choice. I say you keep them. You don't want to regret that decision" he said before getting up.

We were about to depart for Italy. Stephen came aboard the jet and sat beside me. "You okay?" He asked. "No" I responded. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Everything, I almost died for one. Two I'm pregnant with Twins and I don't know how I really feel about that. Oh and I almost got raped. For some odd reason I have a feeling that something else is going to happen" I said. "He tried to rape you?" He asked. He was gripping the armrest so tight his knuckles were white. "He was going to. But he didn't have time" I confessed. "I'm sorry baby" he apologized.

"Stephen when we get home I'm going to need some space" I said. "Space? Married couples don't take breaks Ariana" he said. "I don't think you understand how severe the situation was and still is. I was fighting for my life. Not being able to breath on my own! I almost lost my babies. The three kids we do have could've been without a mother right now. I was out cold for a week. I was beaten until I was unconscious. All because you went behind my back" I said as tears came to my eyes. "Do you think I would've went to Jamaica if I knew you were in the mist of negotiating with a cartel?! I don't know what it is that has you acting so carelessly, but you need to fix it" I said as a sharp pain went through my abdomen. I slouched over in pain.

"Baby are you okay?" Stephen asked with a worried expression on his face. "Just leave me alone" I said as tears streamed down my face. I hurried up and wiped my face and fixed my composure. "If you're in pain Ariana I need you to tell me" he said. "I just want to be alone. Please" I said before turning away from him.

When we finally got home I was somewhat relieved. "Have my things taken to the other wing of the house" I said to the maid. "Why are they taking your things to the west wing of the house?" Stephen asked pissed all over again. "Because I need space Stephen. It's either that or I move out with the kids. I can't be around you right now when you made a decision that put me at risk" I said. "You and my kids aren't going anywhere! I keep telling you I didn't mean for you to get hurt! I was trying to protect you!" He yelled as he pinned me against the wall and put his hands around my neck. My body hit the wall with a little force. Pain started to consume me. He realized what he did. "Baby I'm sorry" he said letting me go. "I hate you" I said as tears streamed down my faces.

That same excruciating pain shot through my body again and I fell to the ground. "Get away from me!" I yelled at him before blacking out.

Waking up I heard hospital monitors. Great, I go from one hospital to another. I saw Stephen sitting in the chair beside me and I turned over. My back facing towards him. I winched in pain. "Baby" I heard him call out. "Leave" I said. "Baby please" he begged. "You hurt me. I don't know when and how I'm going to forgive you for that. I'm moving out" I said as I sobbed.  "Baby please don't leave me. I'm sorry I'll make it right" he said gripping the sheets on the hospital bed. "I love you Stephen but you haven't been right lately. You need to get yourself together. But until then I need to protect myself and my babies" I said. I heard him get up. He slammed the door so hard the room shook a little bit.

I cried silently. Hoping that he'll get himself together.

"Ariana?" I heard Sofía call my name. "What is wrong with him?" I asked breaking down again. "Stop crying sweetheart. You're only going to make your condition worse. Did you know me and Alessandro separated one time? He went through this phase. It took for me to leave with Stephen in order for him to get his shit together. My son is just like his father. You and the kids can come stay at our guest house. So I can help you with everything. Carrying twins won't be easy" she said comforting me.

"I just don't want to be around him right now. Not until he gets his act together" I said. "That's completely understandable. He needs the dog house right now. But I want you to get some rest. Those two babies are going to need all the nutrients they can get" she said before leaving me alone. I rested my hand on my lower abdomen and caressed it. I'm going to keep my babies and be the best mom ever.

Few Days Later

I was doing better and I got discharged from the hospital. Me and the kids are staying in Stephen's parents guest house. "Mommy why are we leaving?" Papa asked. "Umm daddy has some things he has to figure out. So we have to go stay with grandma and  papa for a while" I said as I squatted down to his level. Carmella look at me with a sad expression. "We're going to be okay" I said to them. I hadn't seen Stephen since I woke up in the hospital. It was crucial for me to take it easy. My pregnancy is high risk. My health was shaky. I missed my husband, but my health and my kids come first.