Chapter 39

Ariana's POV

As I woke up I felt to see if Stephen was beside me. He wasn't. I sat up to find an outfit laid out beside me and a note.

"Get dressed and meet me on the deck"

I smiled to myself and got up to get ready.

After I got dressed I hurried out to meet him. "I didn't take too long did I?" I asked. He turned around and studied me from head to toe. "No baby you look beautiful" he said kissing my lips. He rested his hand on my lower back. As we walked.

Once again he had a beautiful evening planned for us. "I wanted to talk to you" he said as we sat down at the table. "I'm listening" I said. "Since I'm back home you don't have to do any serious work anymore. You can take a load off your shoulders and focus more on the kids" he said. "That's nice and all Stephen but I enjoy working. I balanced being a mom and keeping the mafia running while you were gone. I don't want to sit around the house all day and be a housewife" I said. "You've been in harms way enough Ariana" he said with a hint of irritation in his voice. "I'm always going to be in harms way. I'm a powerful woman. On top of that I'am your wife. There's always going to be a target on my back  because of  who I'am and our marital status Stephen" I said. "Why don't you just listen to me?" He asked in a defeated tone. "Because I told you when we first met I'm not a dog you going to control. We stand as equals. So if that means I want balance work and mom life at the same time, I will. No end of discussion" I said sipping my wine.

"I don't like your tone of voice Ariana" he said cutting his eyes at me. "And I don't like yours Stephen" I said as I rolled my eyes. "Roll them again" he said. I rolled my eyes at him again. Before they could even finish rolling he was leaned across the table with a hand around my neck. "Fix the attitude. Before I bend you over and fuck it out of you" he said. "No, now I advise you to let me go" I said looking him dead in his eyes. "Gotten bold haven't we?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "You made me a miniature you" I said returning the same energy. He let me go. His phone rung and he answered it.

"A shoot out?" He asked. "Okay, we'll fly back tomorrow" he added before hanging up. "Fuck" he said under his breath. "What happened?" I asked. "Remember the situation with the club? Well Warren ended up getting in a shoot out with one of the gang members. Now we have a war on our hands" he said. "Did they manage to get one of the members?" I asked. "Yeah, now we need to get back home to interrogate whoever it is" he said. "This happens every time we go on a trip" I said rolling my eyes.

The Next Day

We had arrived back home. The first place we stopped at was the warehouse. "You don't look to happy" Massimo said. "I'm mad as hell" I said. My trip was cut short. Of course I wasn't happy. "Come on let's go. I don't got all day" I said leaving Stephen, Massimo, and Warren in the office.

As I walked in the room it was a man tied up. Looked like he was in his mid twenties. I got a chair and sat in front of him. "Why are you trespassing on Mafia territory?" I asked. He said nothing. "If you want to do this the hard way we can" I said grabbing some brass knuckles. "I'm not telling you shit. Fuck you!" He yelled and tried to spit on me.

Stephen's POV

Ari cocked her head to the side and smiled at the guy. "Shit" Warren said. He knew she was finna snap. Before I could intervene she had kicked him out the chair. She got on top of him and started punching him over and over. She got up and took the iPad off the table. "Your name is Bosco Amante. Your from Sardinia. 26 years old. You have a girlfriend and a 6 year old son. Also a sick mother. Now if you don't want anything to happen to them I advise you to talk" she said. He went pale. I guess it registered to him that this wasn't a game. "This is the Italian Mafia you are fucking with. Not some little street gang. You and your whole family will be wiped out without a trace of them left behind. Now why are you trespassing on Mafia territory?" She asked one more time. "The leader of our gang is Emiliano Capri" he finally spoke. "He gave us a location to start selling product at. So we went. We didn't know it was Mafia territory. He never said anything. That's all I know" he said. "You're going to give us all of the location spots you have. We need to know where product is being sold and kept. If you sing like a canary we could probably help you and your family relocate. You could get away scout free. Your choice" I said. "I'll do it" he said. "Well let's get started" I said with a smile on my face.

After we handled that we picked up the kids and came home. "Did you pick out your swimsuit for the party?" Ariana asked Carmella. "Yeah I did" she said excitingly. "Let me see it" Ariana said following Carmella to her room. I followed as well.

She laid it out for us to see. "It's cute, I approve" Ari said. "I don't. It's going to show too much" I said shaking my head. "She's turning 16 Stephen!" Ariana semi shouted. "So! I don't want those little perverts staring at her!" I said. "That's what you just have to deal with. You gotta deal with it when Stella gets older" she said. "My baby will not be wearing bikinis" I said "You can wear the swimsuit Mel. Now the party is Saturday. The planner is dropping off the invitations in the morning. Get some rest" Ariana said as we walked out Carmella's room. The other two babies were in their beds sleeping.

"Are you coming with me to the club tomorrow?" she asked. "Yeah, I'm sending Warren and some men to one of their supply spots tomorrow. Their going to set everything on fire and leave a little message. Bosco said that they were planning to return to the club tomorrow night" I said. "Sounds like we'll have a fun night tomorrow" she said. "Oh we will" I said. Time to quench that blood thirst.