Chapter 51

Warning:Mentions of rape and domestic violence.

Carmella's POV

It was the next morning and I surprisingly slept through the night. I had been through so much trauma in the past sixteen years of my life. But this last incident I felt like I could've prevented. It's not my fault but then again I put up with his bullshit for so long.

When I sat up the pain in my abdomen was excruciating. My mom and dad came walking through the door. "Why didn't you come to us Mel?" My father asked. "Because I was scared. I didn't know what to do. He threatened to kill me on multiple occasions" I said as I looked down at my hands. "We literally run the Mafia. We could've handled the situation Carmella. No, not by killing the little shit, but by making sure he never got near you to harm or threaten you. It's not your fault that he did what he did to you. That's on him. But you have to trust us and tell us things. You gotta go down to the police station and give them a statement" he said lecturing me.

"I don't want to see him" I said. "You won't have to see him. Unless this ends up getting taken to court" my mother said. "We're going to take them for everything they got" she said hugging me. "His parents actually owe the Mafia. $50,000 loan they owe. They're going broke and they needed some money to help stay afloat. I have Alex tapping into their phones and other devices to see what is actually going on. If the justice system doesn't come forth with justice, we will" he said before leaving out.

Ariana's POV

"You ready?" I asked Carmella as she came down stairs. "Yeah" she said fiddling. "You still going to your doctors appointment tomorrow?" Stephen asked me. "How did you know about my appointment?" I asked him. "My mom always told me about your doctor appointments when you and the kids were gone. I would watch and make sure you got in safely and back home okay" he said as he packed the kids snacks. "I'm sorry I went so long without seeing or communicating with you. It seems like everyone was going through it and I was being selfish" I said. "No you weren't baby. None of this is your fault. We just gotta do better and watch her" he said wrapping his arms around me. But that little voice in my head was telling me different.

Carmella's POV

"We've got the best of the best lined up to help you Mel. Violetta is here outside for support" my mom said as we sat outside the station. I could feel the panic attack rising but I pushed it away. I needed to do this for myself and any other girl who's going through my situation.

As I walked in the station it was very busy. My parents and lawyer were with me. "Hello, you must be the Manganiello Family?" A detective I'm guessing asked. "Yes, and you are?" My dad asked. "My name is Detective Forlenza. I will be taking Carmella's statement" he said shaking everyone's hands. "I give my deepest sympathy for your situation. I have a teenage daughter myself. I can't imagine what you guys must be going through" he said. "We appreciate that, but how will all of this go?" My mom asked.

"We're going to take her into recording room and videotape her statement. This will be taken to court. The video will catch Carmella's raw emotions as she tell her side of the story. It'll help the jury sympathize more on her behalf" he explained. "Now she can have someone in there for support and it is fine for her legal team to be present" he continued to say. "I'll go with her" my mom said. My dad gave me one last hug before returning to the car.

"Okay Carmella state your full name, birthdate, and where do you attend school" the detective said as he started recording. "My name is Carmella Marie Manganiello. My birthdate is April 24th, 2004, and I attend Acadia Academy" I said nervously. "Tell me what happened" he said. "Saturday morning I had worked the breakfast shift at my parents restaurant. I was going to my car when my ex boyfriend GianLucca Conte pulled up in his car. He.....pulled a gun out on me and told me to get in the car. I complied because I didn't want to die. The entire ride to the motel he degraded me. He....told me no one wanted me. He knew what to say to make me feel like nothing..... Once we arrived to the motel the beatings began. He told me that I disrespected and disobeyed him..."I said as the tears began to spill.

He gave me some tissue and I wiped my face. "He said I must suffer the consequences of my actions. He kicked, punched, slapped, stomped, and spit on me. He did everything you could think of. Right when I thought the worse was over he.....went..... on to rape me" I said pausing and breaking down. My mom rubbed my back as I cried. "After that was over I laid there broken. He kept the gun close by to make sure I didn't scream. All I could do was cry, beg, and plead..... he planned on taking me to South America far away from help.....after about 20 minutes my father and my uncles rescued me" I said swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I still have to ask a few questions to clarify everything. Is that fine?" He asked. "Yes" I answered. "What was your behavior prior to the kidnapping and assault?" He asked. "I was paranoid. Always watching over my shoulder. But after a while I thought it was finally over with him and I could move on. So I started regaining my independence and working" I responded.

"Where did you and Mr. Conte first come in contact?" He asked. "School, we're classmates" I answered. "Was alcohol a factor?" He asked. "No" I answered. "Was the rape facilitated by drugs?" He asked. "No" I answered. "Were you alone? Could there be any potential witnesses?" He asked. "No, but there are surveillance cameras in the parking area" I answered. "What was your behavior doing the crime?" He asked. "I was terrified. I begged and pleaded for him to let me go" I said. "Did you resist and say no and any kind of way?" He asked. "Yes, I told him no multiple times. I tried to run out the room but it just made everything worse" I said as the tears built back up.

"What is your relationship with Mr.Conte?" He asked. "He's my ex boyfriend" I answered. "What were his actions during and after the assault. How do he behave?" He asked. "Very narcissistic and controlling. He did everything to make it seem like owned me and that I was nothing" I said. "This is going to be tough but we need you to describe the sex acts that were performed" he said. "Umm....I was crawling away from him after he had beat me. He drug me across the carpet and threw me on the bed. He ripped my clothes off and I tried to fight and pull away.....he held me down and over powered me.... He then forced his way in me.... Vaginally. He was very rough..... and brutal.... it felt like I couldn't breathe. Like someone had buried me under a pile of cement blocks" I sobbed. "Last question, what force was used by Mr. Conte?" He asked. "The gun he had, and the physical abuse" I answered.

As everything came to an end I could finally breath stepping out of the police station. "I'm sorry Mel" Violetta said hugging me and crying. "Thank you V, I should've listened to you" I said sobbing into her shoulder. As I looked up I saw Emilia. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Filing a report against Gian..... he raped and abused me as well" she said putting her hair behind her ear. "That's why you warned me?" I asked. "Yeah, I didn't want you to end up like me Carmella. That's why I picked on you. He started showing interest in you and I was scared. I didn't want another girl to end up like me. So I tried to get you to not even be the slightest bit of interested in him. He's bad news" she said as she started crying. "We can do this together. Let's end that bastard".