Chapter 5

Ariana's POV

Opening my eyes I stretched my body. Checking the time it was almost nine in the morning. "Stephen wake up" I said slapping his arm. "No I don't want to get up" he said into his pillow. Getting up I yanked the cover off him. He then opened his eyes and sat up. "Can we picked the food tomorrow?" he pouted acting like a kid. "Get yo ass up now" I said going into the bathroom. Stripping outta my clothes I took a hot shower.

Leaving out the room I met Stephen at the top of the stairs. This man was like a Greek God. Everything about him screamed power and dominance. "You ready?" he asked. "Yes let's get this over with" I said walking downstairs. Walking into the dinning area there was different foods laid out. But I saw no soul food. "I would like to make a change of something" I said. His mother and wedding planner turned around towards me. As well as the cook. "I want soul food on the menu" I said. "No problem sweetheart. Anything you want" his mother said. I think she's just happy I'm getting involved. "Soul food?" Stephen questioned. "You never had soul food before?" I asked. "No" he said. "Well Chef Gian I want to teach you some recipes from back home. I want you all to taste it" I said. "First let's taste this food" I said picking up my fork.

After tasting and picking the foods I wanted we proceeded to the kitchen. I took out all the ingredients and started showing the cook how to cook everything I wanted. From fried chicken to candy yams. After all the food was good and done. I fixed Stephen a plate. "First try the chicken" I said as I observed them. They all took a bite and their face lit up. "This is so good" his mother said. "I think my favorite food just changed" I heard Stephen mumble. 

After taste testing it seems that the Family was having a meeting. "During the process of transferring that shipment to Ariana's father there was an incident" his father said over looking the men. "I'm not going to go into too many details because I believe there's a snake within this room.... I hope that's not true. I would hate but also wouldn't mind putting a bullet through your skull" he said again.

Then he handed the floor to Stephen. "You all know the rules of the Family. You betray us that's immediate death. But whoever did this will die a slow and painfully. I will make sure you suffer" Stephen said playing with a knife. "Now let's go over today's income of money and see if any of you came up short" that was the last thing he said before I walked off.

That's when I ran into his mom. "Listening to the family meetings I see" she said smiling. "Yeah just trying to get the hang of this" I said. "I wanna tell you a story" she said as we walked together. "I was 18 same age as you when I got married off to Stephens father. See my father was the head of the Mexican Cartel. I was mad for the longest. I felt the same way you do. I hated my parents for doing that to me. I was young and wanted to explore the world. But luckily Alessandro had a fiery spirit like me...."she trailed off.

"I know my son can be hard to crack open. He's seen a lot. Ever since he was 14 he's been working in the Mafia. I begged his father not to get him in so early. But he did it anyways said he was a man and it was time. Every since then Stephen became hard. Cold as ice. The Mafia turned my baby into a stone cold killer. He does it without remorse and finds enjoyment in it. His father is proud of what the Mafia has shaped him into. But I wanted so much more for our son. But that was only a dream. I'm telling you this because I see a lot of myself in you. Please take care of my son. Make him settle down and warm him up. He needs the stability" she said holding my hands as she talked to me. "I'll try my best. I promise I will" I said. "Thank you, tomorrow we'll be going shopping for your dress" she said texting on her phone. "Okay thank you" I said walking off.

Turning the corner I saw Stephen and that bitch Sarah was trying to talk to him. I guess she didn't get the hint. That's when I ran up and started dragging that bitch by her hair. I kept dragging her until I got to the front door. "Bitch I told you to stop playing with me" I said as I punched her repeatedly in the face. After I was done I politely drug that bitch outside in the rocks. Going in the house I went straight for Stephen. I kneed him in the balls and punched him in the face. "I told you what was going to happen if I caught you around her. Stop playing with me Stephen. I'm not the one" I said walking upstairs.

I went in my suitcase to find some gym clothes. After I put them on I went to the home gym. I put my earphones in and started working out. I was so mad I could kill him. Just take my frustration out on this treadmill.

After my workout I decided to go shower and get ready for dinner. Leaving out my room I made my way to the dining room. Looks like some of the men stayed over for dinner. Stephen looks like he's still mad I punched him. He'll be okay. I took a seat by him at the table. I wasn't really hungry. When my food got put in front of me I just played with it. I had no desire for food right now. "Eat" Stephen said ordering me. "I'm not hungry" I said plainly. "I don't care I said eat" he said. Oh he tryna show out. "What you not gone do is try to tell me what to do. I told you, I'm not no damn dog. If I don't want to eat I don't have to. I'm going back upstairs" I said leaving the table. All the men where surprised Stephen let me talk to him like that. I'm not his child.

While laying in the bed I heard the door slam behind me. Stephen started stalking towards me like I was his prey. He grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. "I told you about disrespecting me Ariana" he said choking me. "Let me go" I barely got out. My vision started to get blurry and fuzzy. My ears were ringing. Then I fell unconscious.

Three hours later. 

Waking up I was on the floor. Last thing I remembered was Stephen choking me. That's when I lifted up to see him passed out on the floor. "Stephen" I said going by his side. "SOMEBODY HELP ME" I screamed as his mother ran in the room. "What happened" she said coming up beside me. "Stephen chocked me unconscious then when I woke up he was like this" I said panicking. She took her phone out and called the Family Doctor.

After two hours at the small Family clinic the doctor came out. "Stephen was drugged with a laced substance that causes sudden aggression. Someone had to put something in his drink. It's been in his system for a few hours but we're currently flushing his system out because it was a heavy dosage. You can go back and see him now" the doctor said as we walked inside the room.

"What happened?" Stephen asked. He looked so tired and drained. "Someone laced your drink with a drug that causes sudden aggression. You came up to our room and choked me until I was unconscious" I said. Luckily the bruise was going away quickly. "I'm sorry Ariana. I don't even remember doing that" he said apologizing. "Did you have a drink during the family meeting?" I asked. "Yeah Alanzo fixed me some scotch on ice" he said thinking.

"I have a plan" I said. "What might that be?" his father asked. "Well I want you to invite Alanzo over. Tell him you have a special job for him that might lead to promotion. I'll handle the rest. Just give me a group of your most trustworthy men. I'll need about five of them" I said mapping out my plan. "I'm coming too" Stephen insisted getting up taking his iv's out. "You need to be resting" I said standing up. "Don't even try to stop me" he said kissing my forehead. "Ho bisogno di un equipaggio di cinque uomini fidati degli uomini a casa in dieci minuti." his father said on the phone.

After Stephen got discharged we all went back to the house. The men were sitting outside. "Well hello boys" I said walking up to them. "We have work to do" I said stepping in the house.

After 30 minutes Alanzo came in the house. "You needed me boss" he smirked. That's when I picked up a lamp and knocked his ass out with it. "Now take him to the warehouse" Stephen said kicking him over. Time to fuck some shit up.