Chapter 7

Ariana's POV

As we walked back to the house we just talked and got a chance to really talk to each other. He's not the same asshole I met. He's opening up. "We need to pick bridesmaids" I heard his mother say. "I want Jayda to be the maid of honor" I said as I walked in. "What about your cousin Stacy?" my mother suggested referring to Keisha daughter that's my age.

Stacy stayed tryna run competition with me. She wanted every dude that tried to date me. She come on to Stephen I'll beat her ass. Stacy looked up to me smirking like I was going to say yes. "I said I want Jayda as the maid of honor. Stacy is lucky she a guest" I said. "Excuse me?" she blurted with an attitude. "I don't wanna be in yo fucking wedding anyways" she added. "Bitch you wish you could've been the maid of honor. I bet you wish it was your wedding too. Stacy don't try me. You know I'll knock the fuck outta you" I said finna run up on her but Stephen grabbed my waist. "Don't do it" he whispered in my ear. I was getting sick of my family. I didn't even care about snapping on them at this point.

After establishing our wedding party I decided to treat myself to a glass of wine. God knows I needed. "We need to have a talk" my mother said. "About?" I questioned sipping my drink. "How you've been acting towards your family since we got here" she said. "Mother at home I obeyed every order and did as I was told. I was the perfect daughter. Not once did you and dad try to build a relationship with your kids. You let him hit me and I had to stay in a room to hide my face until Stephen came and got me. When Kendall died you barely shed a tear. I got here and the people are genuine. It's different. I get treated like a person. So thank you mother. I'm the Mafia's Princess now" I said downing my drink and walking out. I don't have time for this.

"Stephen?" I called. "He's in the office with his father" the maid said. Walking to the office I gently knocked on the door. "Come in" they said in an unison. "I just came to check on you guys" I said walking in. "We're just discussing some documents" his father said. Reading over the papers I understood what they were doing. "How about building your own coding system for the mafia. It's easy to do once you understand it" I said. "Ariana you my dear are a genius. We've trying to find ways to redo our system" his father said. "Well I have an eye for business and could be a good use" I said. My father made me pick up business as a trade. "I don't know Ariana I don't want to involve you in the Mafia" Stephen said. "I'm already involved" I clarified. "Well she has a point son" his father agreed. "Okay fine. Just this one time" Stephen gave in. "After the wedding is over I'll have it finished. Just give me the files" I said. "Looks like we gotta give you your own office" Stephen said. "I'll love that" I said smiling.

"So how's everything with the family?" his father asked. "Horrible. They all want a part in the planning. Don't like certain things about the wedding but I love it. I think it's out of jealousy" I said rubbing my temples. "Don't ruin your happiness trying to please anybody. Always put yourself first" his father said. "I'll keep that in mind" I said. "Come, I need to talk to you" Stephen said. "What is it?" I asked. Looking around he lead me to our room.

Closing the door he sat me on the bed. "Your father thinks he's going to take down the Italian mafia. He's planning his so called takeover after the wedding. Day after to be precise. So we have to hold the honeymoon off" Stephen said. "Okay that's fine" I said. "Your father thought my men would betray me. Only one did and somebody else that I will let you handle. We've already got everything planned out" he said. "What happens just happens" I said. "Your brother Taj is the reason why I got this information. He doesn't want you to get hurt. He wants to take down your father. That's why he's so invested into this business" he said.

Now that was a shocker. I couldn't believe Taj did that. He still cares. "I'm taking you to a safe house the night of the wedding" Stephen said taking his shirt off. "I'm not going to a safe house. I want to be here" I said. "I can't put you in danger Ariana" he disagreed. "Nothing is going to happen to me Stephen" I reassured rolling my eyes. "Roll your eyes again Ariana" he said cutting his eyes at me. "You can stay. But never leave my side" he said going in the bathroom to take a shower. He just left the door open. I was getting curious and wanted to take a peak. I mean I did leave my lipgloss in there and I do need to reapply it. Walking in my mouth started to water.

I wanted to drop these panties so bad I just turned away and started putting my lipgloss on. "You see something you like" he asked. I could feel the shower door open. "Maybe I do" I said finna walk out the bathroom but he grabbed me. I looked down to see him fully erected. "I know you didn't come in her just to put lipgloss on" he said squeezing my ass. "Yes I did" I said trying not to bite my lip because god knows I love it when he touches me. "After all this is over I'm going to give you what you want" he said kissing me and walking out the bathroom. I can't wait until all this blow over!