Chapter 2

Ariana's POV

Waking up the next morning I looked in the mirror. I had a bruise on my face and a swollen jaw. As tears streamed down my face I dragged myself to my bathroom. I turned the shower on and let the water get hot. Going to the sink I cautiously washed my face. I brushed and tied my hair up. As I stepped under the way I let out a broken sob. I let the water cascade down my body. I scrubbed myself and cried at the same time. They were literally selling me away to secure money, drugs, and an alliance with the Italian Mafia. The sad part about it is that my mother didn't care. She was probably looking at some new Louis Vuitton heels to buy. Getting out the shower I put on a t-shirt and some sweats. I crawled into my bed and went back to sleep.

"Wake up Ms. Knight" I could hear the family doctor shaking me awake. "What is this?" I asked confused. "I'm here to examine your bruising" she said sadly. After she did everything she gave me pain killers and told me my father said don't leave the room until my face goes down and the bruising is coverable.

I hate it here.

I would rather be a regular girl and going to school. Yes the money is nice but not having control of your own life was hell on earth.

Stephen's POV

I tried to go up to Ariana's room but the guards said she's not to be "disturbed". Disturbed my ass. Pushing passed them I made my way to her room. We had things to talk about. Entering her room I see her tear stained, bruised, and swollen face. "WHAT THE FUCK!" I screamed out scaring her.  Grabbing her by her wrist I escorted her down stairs to her fathers office. "Please don't hurt me" she said above a whisper. I knew exactly who did this to her. "Please tell me why in the fuck there's a bruise on her face?" I asked entering his office. "She needed to be taught a lesson" he replied simply with a shrug. "I don't care if she's your daughter. She's in my care now. Do anything like this again and you can forget about that big shipment coming in next month and I will cut down on the rest. Do not test me Knight. I will be taking her back to Italy tonight" I said leaving out the room taking Ariana with me.

Ariana's POV

I've never seen anybody talk to my father like that. Ever. Stephen was on the phone talking to his workers I guess. I couldn't tell because he was speaking Italian. "Go to your room and get ready for our departure to Italy. Movers will be in there in about 15 minutes to pack and move your items"  he said walking away on his phone. Going up to my room I grabbed my Micheal Kors backpack. I grabbed my MacBook, charger, earphones, and some extra necessities. By time I was done the movers where walking in as well as Stephen. "If a single one of her items comes up missing, all of you will suffer the consequences. I don't care if it's nail polish. Do I make myself clear?" Stephen asked talking to the movers. "Yes sir" they said in unison. Going downstairs I made my way to the living room. I was on my phone until I heard my mother coming. "So you're leaving today?" she asked sipping champagne. "Yeah" I replied dryly. "Don't fuck this up Ariana" she said walking away. Type of mother this bitch is. Hopefully Italy would be a good future for me.

Hour Later

"All your things are packed and it's time to leave" Stephen said waiting on me to get up. He's not so bad. For now. But if he think I'm easy he got a rude awakening coming. Grabbing my chips and dip I got my shit and walked out before I had to face my punk ass father again. I felt nothing leaving the house. Fuck this shit.

"I had your favorite things placed on the plane" he said still in his phone. "That's wassup" I said eating another chip. We just sat there in silence. This shit awkward as hell. "What's your favorite color" I asked. "Black" he said plainly. "Food" I asked again. "Carbonara" he responded. "You're not good with having a simple ass conversation without being dry" I said squinting my eyes at his dry ass. He just turned and looked at me. Then I was grabbed by the throat. "AHT AHT let me go" I said smacking his arm. "Non mancarmi di rispetto, Ariana" he said in Italian. Telling me not to disrespect him again. Sensitive ass. Getting out the car we boarded the plane. His private jet actually. Finding my seat I sat and looked out the window.

This finna be a long ass ride.