「 you are nothing without me 」

chapter twenty nine

you are nothing without me

Hierarchies are celestial

Hierarchies are celestial. In hell all are equal.

   "WOULD YOU CARE to dance?" A voice asked as she sat alone, Darnell was sent home with his younger siblings to watch them till his parents got home. He had offered for her to come but leaving her own party seemed a bit ill-mannered, even if she did hate everything and basically everyone there.  Her eyes flickered up to the figure and her lips parted, thinking it was someone else. It wasn't him.

   "Not with you, Regulus." She said blankly, pulling her glass to her lips as she downed the rest of her drink. A small laugh escaped his lips as she turned her attention back to him. "What do really want?" Eleanor asked, the boy didn't exactly like her anymore.

   "Why would I need something? You just seemed lonely on your birthday. It was me or Avery. And I guessed that you'd be less likely to break my nose than his." He said, looking back to the table of schoolboys who were all staring her way. "You've got hours until you can leave. You'll pass the time." The boy told her, holding his hand out for her to take.

   "Fine." Ellie said reluctantly, taking his hand as they headed onto the dance floor. He was right, she shouldn't completely suffer for the rest of the evening. It was weird dancing with Regulus. Though he looked quite like his older brother, there were slight differences that were very noticeable to Eleanor and her observant eye. Like the height difference, and the way his hair was more wavy than curly, or how his face was more triangular than square, even that his grey eyes had more of a green tint to them. It was painfully obvious when she stood next to him. Where she had to look up a bit for Sirius, she didn't for Regulus because he was the same height as her.

   That reminded her of Adelaide. If you looked closely, you'd notice how different they truly were. As she spun around the dance floor, her eyes landed on her sister sat at the table full of schoolboys. A sunken look on her face as she watched the two dance. Ada hadn't smiled much since they arrived here and that worried the blonde, even if she claimed to prefer Hogwarts. She had fallen down the hole that Eleanor swore to protect her from. Saving people wasn't exactly her forte. Maybe if she took the advice that she gave to Sirius then she could. Of course, she didn't, the pain was comforting because that was all she ever knew.

   "She doesn't hate you, you know. I don't think she actually wants to be with us but she's pushed everyone else away." The boy told her after figuring out who she was actually looking at. He wasn't wrong. It was terribly confusing for the younger Westbrook. At this point, she was the only one struggling to pick aside. She just wanted both worlds even though it was selfish. On one side, she lived without her father and the woman she considered to be her mother. But on the other side, she lived without her sister and her best friend, Clementine. Every day that passed by, she believed that the choice had been made for her because subconsciously had. Every time she sat with those specific Slytherins, every time she spoke wrongly of people to fit in, every time passed on her father or Annabeth's wincing words: she had chosen. It was often difficult for her to understand why she couldn't have both but to those around her it was crystal clear.