「the birthday boy 」

chapter eight

「 the birthday boy

Young and sweetOnly seventeen

Young and sweet
Only seventeen

      AFTER A DAY of treating hangovers and relaxing, there was only one day to go shopping. Since it was half term, the students were allowed to go to Hogsmede each day which came in handy as she still hadn't got Sirius a present. She hadn't actually spoken to him since that night and had spent her time cuddled up with all the girls. Deciding that it was none of her business, she decided to push whatever she felt aside.

    "Okay, I left you an outfit in the bathroom." Marlene said, exiting in a shirt with a black slip dress over the top, fishnets, and platform buckled up boots. She wanted to try a new style and Marlene had offered her clothes to try.

   Pulling on the black dress, fishnets, thigh high socks, heavy buckle up boots, and an oversized black corduroy jacket. She paused taking in her appearance, something didn't look right. Taking a belt, she cinched her waist and she smiled at her figure. From the ripe age of eleven, she had issues with her body, her diet, her appearance. Being criticised in the media as a child was something that never left her. At the minute she was content, the thought was always at the back of her brain that she was going to relapse. It was probably for the best that she no longer had to do ballet every day, like at Beauxbatons, only when she was at home with Annabeth. According to her, it would produce the perfect woman. It was once her, not now. As she observed her outfit, she smiled. Genuinely. A smile that could lore her desired to death.

   "What do we think?" Eleanor asked, stepping out of the bathroom, doing a small spin before ruffling her hair up. The girls turned to watch her as she let out a giddy giggle. One that Lily hadn't heard since El's mother passed.

   "That you actually like what you're wearing." Dorcas commented and Edith nodded, the girls had stayed over for the last few nights and had hit it off with the other. Eleanor was glad, it meant she could hang around with them more.

   "I agree. It really suits you too!" Alice said, jumping up and hugged the Westbrook. "I'll see you all later. Studying awaits."

   "You mean your study date." El said mindlessly, making the girl blush as she picked up her bag full of books. "Say hi to Frank for me." She called after her as Delilah and Mary dramatically gasped at this information and the others laughed.