「 snape's worst memory 」

chapter thirty one

snape's worst memory

filthy mudblood

filthy mudblood

APRIL CAME AND the two blondes had been practising their music none stop. Delilah was practically off the radar, not even showing up to lessons most of the time. When they did see her, she looked deathly ill. Not like they could comment on that. She only talked to Lily. It was very odd behaviour, to say the least. Dorcas tried to fill in but wasn't short of tragic when playing. So, Edith very cleverly conjured up a spell for the drums to play themselves.

   "Just play the cords then! I won't make you sing." Marlene huffed, the four girls crowded in the Gryffindor common room on their free lesson. The three had had charms together next and Edith had an hour to 'study' but the girl had never revised once in her life. So, they thought it was best to cram in practice before the seventh and fifth years show up. It was probably the only time the common room was free so they could play freely. "It's not like you sang in front of the whole school already." She added under her breath.

"I can hear you." El shot back with a smile that the other girl matched. "Besides, that was a one-time thing. You know I'll sing back up." She explained, adjusting her grip on the neck of the guitar. The two Slytherin's watched with amused expressions. Each time they wanted to practice, the same mini argument would occur and would end with Marlene caving. "Maybe you should get Dorcas to sing with you." El suggested, causing the mentioned girl to go wide-eyed. This was new. The Gryffindor sent a wink her way, causing her to blush. "Edith can play the piano. Problem solved."

   "I can play the piano. Am I going to? Absolutely not." Edith laughed, sitting down next to Eleanor as Dorcas hovered awkwardly near Marls.

   "You can sing? Why didn't I know of this?" The Hufflepuff asked, feigning her sadness. Dorcas raised a brow, shrugging in response. She didn't even know how Ellie knew, Edith probably told her. Snitch. She glared at the two on the sofa, both of them wearing matching smirks. They were scheming, she could tell. Both of them knew of her current conflicting feelings towards Marlene, she wouldn't put it past them two to try something. When El turned and whispered in Edith's ear, she knew that they were in fact setting something up.

   "No. Well, yes. Not well." She answered, taking a seat in the armchair opposite Marlene. Dorcas wasn't exactly 'girly' or into many things that correlated. To be seen as strong, she felt like she had to act a certain way and look a certain way and feel a certain way. Before they could continue, Eleanor strum the first few cords to the song they'd been learning; Rhiannon.