「 the abandonment of miss mckinnon 」

chapter thirteen

the abandonment of miss mckinnon

The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness

LIKE EVERY MORNING in the Gryffindor girl's dorm, it was a chaotic mess. Well, Lily was perfectly organised. The redhead sat on her bed, reading her book, with a 'told you so' expression on her face as the other three rushed around to get packed. Eleanor had buried a few of her new pieces under some of her usual clothes, not wanting Annabeth to discover them but wanting them to go out in, and kept the rest there. It was currently the 23rd of December which meant she didn't have to put up with her family for long, just enough to do a publicity stunt and make everyone believe they are the perfect little family.

Back into her brown plaid skirt, thin black turtle neck, thigh-high socks and her platform oxfords, she decided this was her safest option. The paparazzi hadn't seen her in the outfit and it was Annabeth approved. Better than stressing out over pieces of material. With a flick of her wand, her makeup and hair were perfect before she flicked her wand again and her bag was fully packed.

"You need to teach me how you do that." Lily said, shaking her head with a smile. The two linked arms as they departed out of the common room, Alice and Mary following behind.

"I can't believe it's Christmas. This time next year I'll be training to be an Auror!" Alice spoke from behind him. "We need to make as many memories as possible before I go."

"Alice, your so dramatic. You sound like we won't be joining you the year after." Lily retorted with a smile as they got into a carriage with Frank and his friends. The redheads face a bright red.

"A year is a long time." She replied, making the other three laugh.

"And what are you lot on about?" Frank asked, throwing his arm around Alice.

"Alice is acting like it's the last year she'll see us." Eleanor told him, smiling at the unofficial couple. "We could do something this summer though before you start training."

"What do you mean?" Alice asked, intrigued by the suggestion. The carriage jolted and set off to the station.

"I have a summer house, on the coast of France. We can all go there. You lot can come too. There's a flat at the end of the garden if you didn't want to be around us, I'm sure the french ladies would love you, Aaron." The blonde said causing the boy to her left to smirk.

"Sounds good. We wouldn't be any bother, though. Would we?" Frank quizzed, wanting to know if they were actually wanted or if she asked because they were there.