「 pamela jinky 」

chapter six

pamela jinky

The black sheep blazes the trail for others to follow when they finally see the wolf

   THE NEXT TWO weeks passed by quicker than Eleanor had hoped. It was the last day of lessons for this half term and Halloween was only two days away. Marlene was more excited than ever because it was her favourite holiday, the same as Sirius and James. They had been given the week out of lessons, although they had ten or so assignments to complete over this time. So Lily had forced the group to do them the day they got them and Eleanor was quite thankful for her persistent nagging. That means she only had one more essay to write, which she was doing tonight, and had a whole week to do nothing. Her favourite thing to do. Nothing. She couldn't wait to just sleep. The girl had been studying hard, working out and the three girls started to practice their music together, all the while she was lacking sleep. One factor was that her body still wasn't used to getting up so earlier, she much preferred sleeping till one pm and going to sleep at four am. Another factor was her overly loud thoughts, with each day that passed that anxious bubble became increasingly more violent. When night came, she was alone with her demons and they scared her more than anything could, not even Voldemort was comparable to her own thoughts.

   All seven girls had headed down to breakfast together, meeting Delilah, Isadora and Marlene on the way. As the marauders chatted together, excited that they had a full week to cause mayhem amongst the students. They only noticed the girls had entered the hall upon hearings El's laugh, it was hard to go unnoticed by anyone. The group of Hufflepuff's had decided to sit with them, sitting on the side closest to their table whilst the other four took the other side.

   "Good morning!!" Eleanor greeted cheerfully, using the boys' shoulders to sit between James and Sirius. A waft of cologne: ginger, cedarwood and amber formed the main scents of the very familiar smell, one that made her face light up immediately.

   There was a grumble in response from James, like every morning he was stuffing his face with bacon, Remus was too busy staring at a certain Hufflepuff, and Peter was rushing to finish their potions assignment. That left only one boy that she could talk to, for now. She was lowkey thankful. Since that night at the astronomy tower, they hadn't been alone together which was very unusual for the two. From the day they met, the two only spent time together, alone. It was weird but she enjoyed all the boys' company. Plus, El didn't want to raise any brows by requesting to be with him alone.  Getting to know them all was interesting, Eleanor had never met a group like the self-proclaimed 'marauders'. She still wasn't over that, it was completely ridiculous to her but she never said anything about it.