「 temper 」

chapter sixteen

 temper 

Murderers are not monsters, they're men

Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.

   AWAKING THE MORNING after, everyone was a bit rough. They had somehow piled into James' room even though there were multiple rooms. When the blonde woke up, the first thing she noticed was that Lily had at some point move onto the bed. Top and tailing with Potter. Then there was Delilah who had fallen asleep on Remus' chest, it was an adorable sight to see. Marlene was curled up beside her and Peter was half inside the wardrobe and half dangling out, she had no idea how that happened. Somebody was missing but the clinking of a glass downstairs caught her attention. She got up and headed down the stairs in a slight daze, almost tumbling to the bottom in the process. With smudged under eyes and messy hair, she had looked far worse after other nights out and the paparazzi caught all of them. So this was significantly better.

  "Morning." The boy said as she entered the kitchen, earning a grunt in return. She shuffled to the kitchen island and sat on the stool. Resting both hands on her forehead as she contemplated her choices that lead her to numbing headache. Her head shot to the cold surface of the counter and relieved her mind for a moment. When she looked up again, she was greeted by that smug smile of his.

  "What?" She huffed, her lips had fallen into a small pout as his smile grew. "Why are you so joyful?" The girl asked, slightly annoyed that he wasn't suffering as well. He had changed out of his old outfit and was in some joggers and a hoodie. However, the blonde was still in her leather dress and was now regretting her choices.

   "A bit of magic fixes everything." Sirius returned as he took a sip of coffee, leaning on the counter. She closed her eye for a second before they shot open. To be honest, she had completely forgotten that he was of age and could perform magic outside of school.

   "Could you be useful for once and help me out?" Eleanor said, agitated by seemingly everything. Her words only making him laugh.

   "Ouch. You know how to break a heart, Westbrook. Now, if you ask nicely, I might consider it." He teased, raising his brow at her as he swirled his wand around his fingers.

   "Trying to make me beg, Black?" She asked leaning forward to rest on her arms. A small smirk was present on her lips as she glanced him over.

   "I mean, I wouldn't object." The boy said as he took another sip of his drink, hiding the smile on his face. She rolled her eyes dramatically, a pain shooting down the right side of her face.