「 whores on halloween 」

chapter seven

whores on halloween

Be afraid

Be afraid... Be very afraid.

   THE MORNING OF Halloween was a busy one for everyone except Eleanor. All of her friends had cleared off. The boys were sorting out the common room, Mary was playing quidditch, Alice was spending time with the mystery boy, Lily had disappeared before she awoke along with Marlene and Delilah - she simply presumed they were heading to Hogsmeade to get a costume like everyone else. Annabeth had sent her a costume and told her that her father was away on business, and wouldn't be able to respond for a while. Typical, the one time she actually needed him, he wasn't there. Seemed to be the story of her life.

   Since the party didn't start till late, she headed down to the common room to see James and Sirius arguing over decorations. She needed a distraction from today. Instead of using magic, they had Peter and Remus up ladders to hang a garland of bats. The blonde blinked at the situation. Peter could hardly match Remus' height and the ladder beneath him wobbled as his body shook due to him standing on his tiptoes. Whereas Remus was quickly getting frustrated and it didn't help that the full moon was three days away. However, the room was coming together well, piece by piece.

   "You know you could use magic." She expressed, leaning on the side of the sofa, in the jumper she stole from Sirius and some black cycling shorts. For a moment, they didn't look back until they processed what Eleanor said. Both boys turned around and blinked at her as if she was delusional.

   "And have it completely off centred? Your crazy woman!" James replied, shaking his head in disbelief. "Honestly, do you not know the first thing about decorating." He said as if it was some sort of complicated thing. They both turned back to see the other boys had hung the garland without their instructions. "You can't be serious!"

   "Well, actually, he is." Peter responded, receiving a laugh from four out of five people there. Not James though, who looked like a bull about to run at a red flag. Peter's eyes went wide as he squeaked, jumping off the ladder. The boy ran up the stairs with James hot on his tail, leaving the other three alone.