「 blood & tears 」

chapter twenty one

blood & tears

Society is addicted to playing the victim

A/N: Hey, you! Yes, you. Don't be a silent reader and comment! I love reading all your comments.

WHILST MULCIBER TRIED to prove himself, her friends were oblivious to what was happening. Eventually, the group left, once the map was checked and the coast was clear, and the Gryffindor's had gathered in the common room, having afters together. The blonde was bugging for a cigarette but she was being good, for Lily's sake. She knew that Sirius had wanted one too as she had to stop him an hour ago before the redhead publicly hexed him into the next century. Peter and James were both stood together, singing 'Go Your Own Way' off of the Fleetwood Mac single that Eleanor had gotten the girl. They had somehow roped Alice into singing with them as Lily was dancing with Sirius, laughing her head off as she was spun around. Mary was sat by the record player, prepared to play the next song, whilst Remus sat in the corner of the sofa with Eleanor's back over his lap as her head was resting on the arm of the chair. The two sat down as they laughed at their friends who couldn't handle their liquor.

Thankfully, Lily had actually enjoyed her night and the girl couldn't have asked for anything more, Eleanor was relieved as Lily needed a good night. For the past month, she had felt rather lonely. She felt like she was helping but deep down she knew that she was pushing Eleanor away which lead to her pushing Marlene away too. Like she had realised a few months ago when the blonde had almost cried in front of her, she had no idea who Eleanor really was and how to help her as Lily felt it was her responsibility. Year after year, El had been by her side and helped her through the worst of things whilst she had sat idly by and let the girl fade away. But when it all started, they were just children. Now they weren't, not really. Eleanor, for one, definitely had lost her childhood many years ago when Lily was still running around trying to avoid getting 'cooties' from boys and sleeping with her favourite teddy: Bunny - who coincidentally was in fact a rabbit.

"What are you thinking about?" Eleanor asked the boy who was staring off into the distance. He looked down with a frown on his face as he tried to process her words. The girl pulled her bottle to her lips and took a sip, her eyes still trained of his focused face.

"Nothing much, just tired." He lied to her, thinking over what he had done at the party. It was something that he wouldn't anyone over, not even the blonde. He was simply confused.

   "You don't have to lie to me, you know that right?" She said, observing his rigid features and clear distorted body language. It was often easy for her to see when someone lied because they had a visible tell, Remus was one of them. He couldn't make eye contact like he usually did.