「 school seller 」

chapter nineteen

「 school seller

The fame that goes with wealth and beauty is fleeting and fragile; intellectual superiority is a possession glorious and eternal

SINCE THE WHOLE situation regarding the grim, the girls had become far too nice. All four of them were acting as if they had to walk on eggshells and it was becoming increasingly annoying to the blonde. She wanted them to pretend like nothing ever happened like she so often did, but they never did. They treat her like a porcelain doll, about to shatter with one wrong move. It was the same repetitive process: Eleanor messed up in some way and they'd retort to treating her with caution as if she couldn't handle what was thrown her way. That annoyed the girl immensely. It was almost as if they undermined her, she possibly couldn't be strong enough to manage reality alongside this information. Little did know how glad she was feeling; they thought that she had a strong poker face but she was genuinely glad. And Eleanor Westbrook was probably the only person in history that sought comfort in the grim.

   To avoid them, she had gone to practising her ballet or she spent time with Mary and Alice. The three ended up merging with the seventh years, thanks to Alice, and that ended up with El coming back high every other night. Lily had been down her throat about it for the past three days which only pushed her to smoke more.

It was currently lunchtime and the girl had finished her lessons for the day. She had headed outside to relieve some stress. McGonagall had given her another detention for a missing assignment, which is stupid really because she had only missed two. Those were record numbers for Eleanor. She didn't see the point in them, it didn't help her at all and it didn't affect her grade so she'd happily take detention - which usually took up less time than the actual scroll she was supposed to write for said lesson. When she received the detention, she could sense Lily's disappointment as she shocked her head at her. Honestly, she wasn't failing a class so she didn't understand why the redhead was bothered. Plus, it wasn't anything serious, just a bit of smoking.

For the past few months, she had been increasingly frustrated. It didn't happen much but now at every minor inconvenience, she seemed to get increasingly stressed. The girl knew exactly why but there was not much she could do about it. It had been months; another record for the Westbrook. Though, the consequence had been smoking an excessive amount.

Sitting under a tree on the edge of the forest, she stared out into the lake as she reached for the carton in her blazer pocket. This the only time she'd be able to escape since Lily wasn't in her last lesson. She pulled out a single cigarette and placed it between her rosy lips as she fumbled for her lighter. There were voices nearby and she listened intently.