「 all can't forgive 」

chapter forty six

「 all can't forgive 」

  "ARE YOU IN there? Eleanor! Wake up." Someone came bashing on the door, it must have been seven in the morning at the latest. The two blondes had barely gotten any sleep, maybe three hours by the time they had finished talking and figuring things out. "Oh, you're both here. Even better." Delilah smiled after pulling back the curtains to Elle's bed. "You both look like shit. Come on, Lily's back. She's at the hospital wing." The only response she got was a grunt from Eleanor. "Get up! Get up! Get up!" She ripped the covers off the two, finally getting a reaction out of them.

   "Delilah it's eight in the morning." Marlene huffed as she sat up and stretched, looking at the muggle clock on Lily's bedside table.

   "Be thankful, I could have woken you up two hours ago, darling," Delilah replied with a smile, stepping away from the bed so the two of them could get out.

   "Didn't need to wake the rest of us though." A male voice groaned from the end bed, followed by a chorus of giggles. Alice must have found a way to sneak Frank into the dorms or the boys let him through the hatch on their side.

   "Get a room," Delilah groaned, throwing a cushion at their closed drapes which earned some light laughs from the rest of the group.

   "We have one!" Frank returned before turning over to sleep again, the two needed as much energy as they could get before their final week of N.E.W.Ts. Honestly, when they arrived here, they presumed everyone was out. All of the curtains had been pulled and it was far too quiet - bar a slight ringing.

   "Let's go before we poke the bear." Delilah giggled quietly, getting a nod from the two blondes. They headed through the barren corridors, nobody about on a Sunday morning. Delilah on her left and Marlene on her right. Nobody said anything until Delilah was sick of the silence. "Do you remember when I asked you to come with me to see Aaron?"

   "Yeah, sorry about that. It must've slipped my mind." Eleanor admitted, feeling quite guilty about that.

   "No worries, you were busy dying and that." She replied, earning a wack from Marlene.

   "Delilah!"

   "Sorry!" She smiled, getting a laugh out of Elle. "Anyways, I went to see him alone. Turns out the potion I was given didn't work, it was some kind of hypnosis spell." Delilah paused, thinking back to what Aaron had said. "Apparently I was majorly ill from it, I don't remember anything though even though I was conscious - according to the Matrons at least." She explained to the two of them.  "They didn't want to worry me because they don't know what the long term effects maybe." That made Eleanor suspicious, eyes flickering to Marlene who was thinking the same thing. But neither said anything, they were at the hospital wing.

   "Morning!" Delilah hopped onto the foot of the bed and Marlene joined her, allowing Elle to climb in next to Lily after shutting the curtain. It was certainly weird having her back but she looked so much better already.

The four spent the next few hours talking like it was 1974 again. It's funny how things changed in such a short few years. Nothing to do with war or boys, just general chitchat as they sat close together.

   Lily snuggled into the blonde's side as they watched the light dance across the ceiling. All so peaceful until they heard voices in the hall, heels clicked across the ground before the curtain swooped open. McGonagall stood sternly, smiling lightly at the scene before her. Stood behind her were three boys, all of which were taller than her. She must have gone to collect them to say Lily was back but Delilah was three steps ahead.