「 st mungos 」

chapter forty four

「 st mungos 」

      "TAKE A HANDFUL of floo powder and I assume you know your destination, Miss Knightley," McGonagall spoke, gesturing over to the small pot by the fireplace. Eleanor headed to the floo powder and grabbed a hand full, her throat tight and her heart thumping. Everyone had been to visit Lily except her, requesting times to go during her exams. McGongall was reluctant to let her go but Eleanor argued that she wouldn't be able to focus, putting a damper on her grades. It wasn't exactly a lie, she hadn't had time to revise or focus on her studies all year and she knew whatever grades she got wouldn't be representative of what she could truly do. She had missed most of her exams by this point anyway so missing one more couldn't hurt. Plus, it was the only time she could go alone. The guilt already swallowed her hole. She had been able to escape her friends, get out of explaining what had happened. The girl was going to tell them but she had to see Lily first. She had to come up with some solution. She had to help. It was gnawing at her brain like a sickness just waiting to hear back from the 'professionals'. At the end of the day, it was her magic. And she had no idea what spell had put her into this coma but there was only one way to figure it out.

"Saint Mungo's Hospital." She spoke clearly, picturing her destination in mind before throwing the powder to the ground. Only seconds later did she appear in the bright white room of the wizards hospital. Carefully dusting off her clothes, she headed straight to the front desk. She spoke to the young lady on the desk, delivering Dumbledore's permission for her to be there.

"My daughter is in there! You can't expect me to wait out here. Please, you have to let me see her." A voice pleaded from the entrance to the reception. The blonde instantly recognised it was Lily's mother and she hurried over to them, much to the receptionist dismay.

"Mrs Evans?" Eleanor said softly, her fingers grazing the woman's upper arm in a comforting manner. "Are you alright? What's happening?" She directed the second question to the healer who was clear in as much distress as the redhead.

"It is against the Ministers laws to allow muggles into our Hospital. It is far too dangerous and could risk our exposure." The man explained, his eyes flicking between the two.

"Ellie, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you have exams?" Victor spoke, taking his wife's side with Petunia not far behind, looking rather uncomfortable in Eleanor's presence.

"I came to visit Lily." She explained, earning a saddened smile from him.

"Tell us how she is, will you?" He asked, guiding his wife back to the seats in the waiting room with the help of Petunia. It was quite a sight to see her so worried about her sister, the two hadn't gotten along in over six years.

Rose was hysterical, it looked like she hadn't slept in days. Blotchy face, shivering arms, and withered eyes, all made Eleanor crumble that little bit more. How was she to explain to her second family that she was the reason behind this? This was the last thing she needed. They would never look at her again. After all these years, maybe Petunia had been calling the wrong girl a freak. By the look in her eyes, the brunette knew it too.

She couldn't bare watch Rose fall apart in her husband's arms any longer. Asking the Healer to escort her to the correct room, she hesitated at the door. The last time she went alone, she almost had a panic attack in the cemetery. She couldn't do that here. No, she had to remain strong. But what was strong for her? Some days she told herself that strong was being able to step up against those that did her wrong. On other days, being strong was making it through the day without crying. That one was becoming increasingly difficult. She never used to cry often, it seemed like that was all she was doing nowadays. Out of both options, bravery shone through. Whether it was the courage to smile or the courage to take a smack or a punch.