Chapter 1 : The Hogwarts Express

Beginning of first year...

The morning sun shone through the crack in the curtains, causing my eyes to flutter open. I groaned and turned over to face my pillow. A few seconds later, it clicked.

It's September 1st! My first day at Hogwarts. My eyes shot open again and I sprung out of bed, running to the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth before washing my face and rushing back into my room and to my closet.

I picked out a pair of light blue jeans and a white spaghetti strap top. I layered over a grey sweater and put on some white socks. I tugged my black, converse high tops on my feet and tied the laces before brushing through my blonde hair and looking in the mirror.

Somethings missing.....

I picked up my necklace from my dresser and clasped it around my neck. It was a rose gold chain and had a heart locket charm. Inside the locket was a picture of my brother.

He died when I was just six years old. He was eleven at the time. It was at Christmas time and me and him were at home with a baby sitter. We were playing in the conservatory when we heard a loud bang come from the lounge. He said he would go check it out. Twenty minutes later he still wasn't back so I went looking for him. When I got to the lounge, the front door was almost hanging off its hinges. Mud had been trailed into the house and was smeared all over the carpet. I looked down and saw a big puddle of blood on the carpet. And my brother was gone.

When my parent got home I was sat on the floor, balling my eyes out. They had to call the Minister of Magic. We got Muggle scientists to test the blood and it was my brothers blood. It haunts me to this very day. Seeing a massive puddle of my brothers blood on the floor.

I looked at the picture inside the necklace and smiled. The picture was enchanted so it could move. I smiled at my brother and he smiled back, winking at me. A tear dripped down my face and I quickly wiped it away, shutting the locket.

After taking a dead breath, I looked in the mirror and smiled. I'm ready.

I grabbed my trunk and picked up my kitten Smokey. He was a black and white kitten, with a few patches of dark grey too. His eyes were big and brown and he had a black patch in this nose. My father bought him for me on my birthday and I was ever so thankful.

I brought my things downstairs and set them down in the hallway. I made my way to the kitchen, with Smokey on my shoulder. As soon as I opened the door I was greeted by my mother.

"Dear," she beamed, "your just in time for breakfast. I made scrambled egg and sausage, your favourite."

I thanked my mother kindly and sat down on the bar stool. She placed my plate in front of me and poured me a glass of orange juice. My mother was a Muggle, though I did get most of her genes when it comes to appearances. I had the same long blonde hair as her and we both had lots of freckles on our faces. However I did enter it my father bright blue doe eyes.

"This is wonderful mother thank you," I smiled and I shoved a piece of sausage in my mouth.
"Your very welcome sweetheart," she grinned.

Smokey jumped out of my arms and on to the floor as my mother placed a bowl of food down for him to eat. "Are you all packed and ready Elizabeth?" She asked as she filled up Smokey's water bowl.
"Yes mother," I replied, "the train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock so I need to be there on time."

I took a sip of orange juice as she nodded. "Of course," she replied, "your father is going to drive you there."

I looked at her confused. "Are you not coming?" I questioned with a mouthful of egg. "No dear," she shook her head chuckling a little at the sound I made considering my mouth was full of food, "I'm a muggle remember. I can't get past the barrier."