Chapter 2 : The Sorting Hat

Once everyone had gotten off the train there was a very large man with curly black hair calling all the first years towards him. "Firs' years follow me," he yelled, "firs' years this way." He was at least eight foot. His hair was very messy and he had a fat face and chunky body. He had boots the size of dolphins and hands as big as a bucket.

I followed Harry and Ron over to the man and Harry smiled. "Hello Hagrid," he beamed and Hagrid smiled down at him. "Hello Harry," Hagrid grinned. Ron and I both gapes up at Hagrid. "Wow," we gasped in sync before giving each other a shocked look and following him. There were loads of kids around us. I felt a little claustrophobic, being surrounded by so many people. Scared so I grabbed into Harry's arm on instinct. He smiled at me and we both blushed a little.

He was about two inches taller than me and he was small for his age too, so that just made me feel tiny. We got to the boats and made our way over the large lake, that we would soon learn is called the Black Lake.

The sight of the castle was absolutely beautiful. At first, I didn't even know if what she saw was real. I rubbed my eyes and looked back. The huge castle stood proudly, lights shining out of all the windows. The stars above us shining brightly against the stone, creating a silhouette of the castle. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was at Hogwarts.

A huge smile crossed my face as I realised, this was now home.

We entered through the castle doors and made our way up some stairs. There was a tall dark brown haired woman waiting for us at the top of the stair case. She had small round glasses that sat at the bottom of her nose and a long green cloak that draped down to the floor. She held a scroll in her hands and her hair was in a very tight bun on the top of her head.

She stared down at us as we approached the stairs.

"Welcome to hogwarts," she greeted us, "in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

She talked for a few more minutes before she enters the Great Hall and told us to wait outside. I was waiting with Harry and Ron and we heard a voice come from below us.

"So it's true then?" The voice began and we turned around, "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

A cute boy with blonde slick back hair was leaning against the banister with two tall boys stood behind him. Compared to him they looked like body guards.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy," I heard Ron snicker as Malfoy stood in front of us. Draco's gaze shot to Ron and he scowled at him. "Think my names funny do you? No need to ask yours, red hair and a hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley."

Ron looked down and frowned. No one hurts my new friends. I stood in front of Ron and glared at Malfoy.

"Leave him alone Malfoy, your a git," I snapped and he glared at me with a scowl on his face.

"Let me guess, you must be Bennet," he shotback, "I'd recognise those eyes any day, you filthy halfblood, no wonder your brother died, I wouldn't want a filthy muggle as my mother either."

I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I don't let them fall, I didn't want to give Malfoy the satisfaction. He looked back at Harry with a smirk on his face. "You'll soon find out that some wizard families are better than others Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort," he glared at Ron and I as we stood beside Harry, "I can help you there."

He held his hand out for Harry to shake. Harry just scowled at him and then at his hand, and then back at him. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for my self thanks," Harry mocked and Draco scowled at him.