Chapter 77 : Poison

"Quick thinking in your part Harry, using a bazoar," Dumbledore congratulates Harry in his quick thinking, "You must be very proud of your student Horris."

We were still in the hospital wing after the incident. Ron had been poisoned. The serum to stop the love potion had caused Ron to spaz out and foam at the mouth. Harry helped though and we were very proud of him. However we didn't know how Ron was poisoned.

"Huh? Oh yes very proud," Slughorn mumbled.

"I think we agree, Potters actions were heroic," McGonagall butted in, "but the question is, why were they necessary?"

"Indeed," Dumbledore sighed, "this appears to be a gift Horris, you don't remember who gave you this bottle?"

The bottle that had the serum in it, was in Dumbledores hands. He walked over to Slughorn as he asked him the question and then smelled the bottle of now empty liquor, "Which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of liquorice and cherry, but polluted with poison."

There was a moment of silence that filled the room as Dlighorn prepared his response.
"Actually I intended to give it as a gift myself," he sighed and I looked at Harry's face, exactly next to mine, as I sat on his lap. His eyes were focused on the two professors.

"To whom I might ask?" Dumbledore inquired and Slughorn sighed again.

"To you headmaster," he admitted, the hole room going silent. And as if on que the door to the Hospital wing opened and Lavender Brown  came running in.

"Where is he?" She panicked, running over to Ron's bed, "where's my Won Won? Has he been asking for me?"

With so many people in the room, I felt a little awkward sat on Harry's lap, so I casually moved to the side of him, one of my legs still on top of his.

Lavender immediately stopped in her tracks, "what's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same question," Hermione mumbled, standing up from her sitting position.

"I happen to be his girlfriend," Lavender argued, but Hermione wasn't going to loose.

"I happen to be his......friend."

The situation was very awkward. Everyone involved was having a bad day. Ginny was sat just staring at her brother with a sad face. Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall were stood twirling their thumbs and Snape just had his cold front on. Dumbledore was staring into space and Harry and I were sat at the foot of the bed looking at everything but the two arguing girls.

"Don't make me laugh," Lavender scoffed, "you haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you expect me to break up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."

"He's been poisoned you daft dimbo," Hermione yelled, "and for the record I've always found him interesting."

As the rest of us still sat there uncomfortable, we heard a groan come from beside us. We immediately turned our heads to see Ron moving in his sleep.

"See that," Lavender spoke again, "he senses my presence."

She moved closer to his side and Ron lived again, all of us watching, awkwardly.