Chapter 59 : Umbitch

When Hermione and Ron saw our hands they told us to tell Dumbledore but we didn't want to.

Harry's been pushing himself away recently. I've tried to talk to him multiple times but he just ends up walking away and not listening. I don't know what's gotten into him. Just under a month ago he was telling me how much he loved me and now he won't even talk to me.

It's near the end of September now and it's beginning to get very cold. You can tell winter is almost here.

I was sat with Hermione, Ron and Ginny at lunch one day and out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry approaching us. Our eyes connected for a second but I tore my gaze away from him.

If he's gunna ignore me, I'm gunna ignore him.

"Harry," Hermione smiled and turned to him.

"C-can I join you?" He asked.

I kept my eyes focused on the table in front of me. Hermione was about to answer but we heard someone arguing outside the Great Hall.

We all looked up confused and then ran out to see who it was.

"Minerva what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge bickered.

Her and McGonagall were arguing in the stairs. We all gathered round, many other joining us to watch.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall argued, raising her voice a little.

"So silly of me but it sounds that you are questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

"Not at all Delores. Merely your medieval methods."

"I'm sorry dear, but to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension, the minister himself."

'I swear she has a thing for Fudge or something. She is such a bitch. She needs to pack her stuff and take a hike,' I thought in my head.

"I am a tolerant woman-"

'I beg to differ,' I thought.

"-but one thing that I will not stand for is disloyalty."

McGonagall chuckled in disbelief and stepped down a couple steps.

"Disloyalty," she sighed and walked down the steps.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared," Umbridge spoke aloud and I rolled my eyes, "Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

"Ugh! Again with the Fudge thirst it's embarrassing!" I thought, rolling my eyes and clenching my jaw.

The next week was hell, everywhere you looked, she was there. I'm ridge was taking action. She had more power in the school. It just made me hate her even more. Everything was changing. She almost sacked Trewlaney but luckily Dumbledore stopped sit.

Harry and I had to talk for a while. We made up in the end. He apologised for ignoring me. He said he just felt alone and started to push his friends away. I said it was okay and we made up. If you know what I mean.

We were holding hands while walking to class one day and we were immediately pulled apart with magic, by, guess who, yes, Umbitch.

We all hate her so much. She won't let us use magic. She won't let us do anything. And Dumbledore isn't any help either. He just hides away in his office like nothings happened. I don't even think I still know how to use my wand it's been that long since I've touched it.

Right now we're in the common room and Hermione and I are ranting about how much Umbridge annoys us.

"I will bloody back hand her down some stairs if she says one more word about authority," I grumbled, sat with my legs over my boyfriend's lap.