Chapter 40 : The Funeral

My dad didn't pick me up at the train station. I got a taxi home. When I got home I saw my dad sat on the couch. The house was filled with boxes and almost everything had been packed.

"Dad?" I called and he turned his head. I placed my bags down and he stood up walking towards me.

He wrapped his arms around me and we hugged for a while.

"What's going on dad?" I asked as we pulled away from the hug.

"We're moving," he sighed, "everything in this house will remind us of your mother. We can't live here anymore."

"Where are we moving to?" I asked.

"Surrey."

We arrived at Bridwell Avenue sooner than I thought. I fell asleep in the way down so that's why it didn't seem as long. It turns out that our street was only a 45 minute drive away from Harry's house. I googled it on my dads new Muggle Laptop.

Speaking of Harry, I told my dad about our relationship and he was surprisingly happy about it. I was very confused at first but he said that I needed something like that in my life. I'm still walking on eggshells around the topic though.

He also told me that Harry, Hermione and Ron could come to the funeral which I was happy about. I ended up asking Ron on the train ride home so all three of them knew about it now.

The house was small but not really small. It was a two bedroom, two bathroom house. It was more like a cottage.

There were many other like it on the street

There were many other like it on the street. Some white and others blue. Ours was number thirteen. It was a Muggle street obviously but we used to live on a Muggle street so it was fine with us.

There was one medium sized room on the second floor and a smaller room opposite it. Mine was the smaller room and it was actually cute. I unpacked my things and decorated the walls. I used Polaroids and posters. I even used some pictures that I had drawn before and I think it looked really cute. I made my bed and smiled. My life has changed so much. Mother would be proud of me. It took me hours but it was worth it.