Chapter 91 : The Battle of Hogwarts (Part 2)

As soon as Harry was strong enough to get back in his feet, the four of us set off towards the boat house, where Harry had said Voldemort was hiding. We had to fight a few duels on our way round the castle, but they were nothing compared to the fighting happening outside of the castle walls. Wands drawn, we descended the stairs in order to protect each other.

Screaming and crying filled the air, shouts of rage and anguish mixing with the smell of smoke and making me feel quite sick. Hogwarts was quickly becoming rubble, huge chunks missing from walls and bebris covering the floor, acting like obstacles for those trying to escape the war. The only things lighting up the courtyard were the roaring fires left by explosions and the spells being omitted from the ends of wands, a disturbing amount of which were green.

Just as I was about to round the corner, Harry stopped, pushing me back with his arm, causing Hermione to the bump into me. A spell hit the spot I was just in and I looked back at Hermione in terror. Leaning around the corner, Harry sent a curse towards the man, but I hadn't seen what he'd done. And I didn't particularly want to know.

Surveying the battle in front of us, I noticed that the outcome was looking rather bleak for those fighting on our side. The death eaters looked to be gaining the upper hand, with the order of the Phoenix's efforts seemingly being in vain as the night sky filled with black smoke and green light. Noticing that Harry was about to take off running towards the boathouse, I grabbed his hand, running as fast as I could with him, Hermione and Ron following us.

Making our way up to the boathouse was a struggle. We were attacked out of the blue, every time we thought we were safe. Running across the battlefield, we caught a sight of many classmates, lying dead on the floor. We reached the bridge and stopped as thousands of dementors flew our way. We drew our wands, ready when a blast of blue light flew over our heads and towards the dementors, shooing them away. The Potronus charm had been cast by someone behind us. It was Dumbledores brother.

Seems like he hasn't given up after all.

I shot a small smile at him before Harry, Ron, Hermione and I continued on our way to the boat house. After a few more battles we finally reached the underground harbour and saw two figures inside.

Voldemort was with Snape.

Harry crouched down in front of me, causing Ron, Hermione and I to do the same. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but I could tell it was tense, because every so often, Voldemort would yell and flail his arms around.

After a certain amount of time, a massive bang caused by Snape falling against the wall made me flinch and take in a sharp breath. Numerous loud bangs followed and soon Voldemort had apperated away.

The four of us glanced around for a second, expecting Voldemort to have appeared in front of us, but no. We cautiously made our way inside the boat house, seeing Snape laid on the floor, blood gushing from his neck.

I gasped, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. Covering my mouth with my hand, I attempting to keep my sobs quiet.

Harry knelt down beside our Professor, attempting to stop the blood falling from his neck. A tear fell from Snape's eye as he stared up at Harry Potter from his position on the floor.

"Take them," Snape managed to speak, pointing to his tears, "take them, please."

Harry immediately spun round to Hermione. "Give me something," he demanded and Hermione stepped forward, "quickly a flask anything."

Hermione dug through her purple beaded bag and pulled out a small glass flask. Blood smeared onto the flask as Hermione passed it to Harry, his hands full of Snape's blood. This made me finger a little. Snape's tears poured into the flask as they dripped down his cheek.