Chapter 16

NAOMI'S POV:

"This is the second time I've warned you about this." Smack!

I gripped the ends of the chair tighter as he laid down another piercing blow to my backside. I tried to stop from whining loudly so I would not wake up anyone in the hallway, that's the last thing I need right now. Smack!

I removed my hand from the wooden leg to cover my mouth but that only made it harder to breath as my nose was clogged. Smack! I wanted to scream out at this moment. It's been about twenty minutes since he put me over his knee and he has managed to lay down an increasingly painful blow within each minute.

"The next time I have to remind you of this I will send you straight to Room 113, do you understand me?" Smack! Smack!

"Y-yes sir" I cried hopelessly.

"Stand up." He returned the hairbrush to my desk before setting his arms behind him, allowing me clear access to get off his lap.

I got up quickly despite the prickling sting radiating from my bottom. Rubbing my end slightly before pulling up my pants, I ignored the tears streaming down my cheeks and my frantic breathing. Mr. Patry remained in the seat, scowling at me for several seconds before rolling the hem of his sleeves down.

"I suggest you go to bed immediately without touching anything else. It is nearly midnight and you have no business being up this late." He stood, returned my chair to my desk and walked angrily past me.

"W-will you tell Mr. Davis?" I asked, desperately hoping that he wouldn't interfere with our meeting later tomorrow.

"I have not decided. Now go to sleep, goodnight Naomi."

"Night sir." I said bitterly through my pain and frustration.

___________________________________________________

Have you ever seen the way a tear falls from an innocent face? The way it clusters within an eye and then you get a small shiver that lingers throughout your nerves until that tear can no longer stay put because something is forcing it out. It realizes that there is no more room for it, that it has no place in that spot anywhere and, even though it is not its own choice, it has to move on to another place.

"Mom? Dad?" I looked around me and knew that I was speaking out loud, but I couldn't hear anything.

I don't even know what my own voice sounds like, how can I expect them to?

"Is anyone here?"

I started running down this long, narrow stone road in front of me but there was nothing else in sight. All I could do was hope that this road will take me somewhere, anywhere near to where I can find answers. Just then, I saw a strangle faceless figure in front of me. It was standing straight, stiffly awaiting for some reaction from me.

*Thud*

What the heck was that? I jumped off my bed and immediately shoved my hands through my hair frantically through my petrification. Pulling my vision in focus, I noticed that my cell phone fell off my desk. Glancing over at my alarm clock, my head ran in circles as I calculated how much longer I could lay back down before having to wake up for chores.

"I'm too tired to do math right now." I whispered to myself as I tried to find my pillow in the dark.

Surprisingly, the nauseous feeling coursing through my body has made me forget about the soreness of my backside from Mr. Patry just a few hours ago. I thought for a moment about the discussion I would have with Mr. Davis in the morning after Mr. Patry informs him of my punishment but I instantly shut that down. I wouldn't allow my head to contemplate this before trying to go to sleep.