Secrets hidden just beyond our sight

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Now she promised to show us the way to Ishbal, which is good, because I don't trust Ed and directions. We had chose to set up camp next to a large sand dune, and I got a small fire going.
"So why did you come to us?" I asked Marta. Because it is not normal for her type to just show up at your doorstep.

"I'm here to avenge Greed." She simply stated.

"Well, have fun with that mission, because I killed him because he killed Dante. He deserved what he got." Ed sarcastically flung his hands into the air in anger, and I slapped his back to calm him down. Didn't work as well as I wanted it to.

"Greed may have been, greedy, but in the end he created a place we could belong!" She stood up, in sheathing her knife.

"Marta don't!" Her giant ass knife came by my head and killed a snake next to my head. I stared at her for a second, not knowing if is should be scared, or simply offended. Eh, too tired for revengeful shit. I yawned and sat back in my seat.

"Greed knew he'd be sealed once again, and he couldn't take that. What's worse for the greedy than to have nothing at all?" I think he truly did want you to end his life. My only enemies are the military dogs that made me this way," she paused, slamming her fist into the wall, causing me to jolt from my sleepy state.

"And Kimblee!!" She seemed to spit out his name as if it were fire. I know how she feels, about him, he's just a bitch. Let's just say I also have a couple choice words to say to him. None that should ever be repeated. She sighed with anger, throwing the snake at us and sitting around the fire.

"You two should eat that, don't want you dying." She mumbled sleepily.

"Why don't you eat it?"

"Turning me into a cannibal now, are you Edward?" Marta smirked at the comment, causing him to snort.

"We should call it a night." I yawned, laying calmly on my back and closing my eyes.

Edward's P.O.V.

Scarlett falls asleep so fast, it's almost inhuman! I laid next to her in the sand, seeing her calm body and her eyelids under her bangs.

"Brother..?" I turned to Al, seeing as he and I were the only two up now. "Do you have feelings for Scarlett..?" I immediately blushed at the comment, while looking away I replied,

"NO!"

~~~~~~~~Lé fabulous time skip brought to you by Alphonse's scrap metal!

"How much farther?" Scarlett whined as we neared Liore outskirts. Wow, I never knew how close that place is from Ishbal.

"This is all that remains." Marta grumbled. I could see she didn't like whiny teens like myself and Scarlett.

"We're here, bitch." I informed her, only to feel her arm sling around my shoulder and a smile flashed at me.

"You know you love me." She commented, pursing her lips and winking, making me very uncomfortable as well as Al.

"How?" He asked kneeling down and letting the sand fall through his hands. "How is this all that's left?"

"Many of the state alchemists contributed to this." Marta replied, sliding her hands into her pockets in a sad way. Scarlett wiped the sweat from underneath her bangs and gave a uncomfortable sigh under the deserts heat.

"As well as myself." She murmured under the heat.

"How? It was an armed revolt due to a soldier shooting and accidentally killing a child." I explained. Without a word, she guided us to a shaded area of ruins and spun a tale of Ishbal.