Stray Dogs Without Collars

Edward's P.O.V.

Damn. This sucks, yet at the same time, it's exactly what we both wanted. We began to run farther and farther away from the remains of Liore, Scarlett was out of breath once we stopped.

"Well, this explains a lot." I said through deep breaths.

"That the Furer is a homunculus?" Al asked me.

"About this country." Scarlett rephrased, laying in the sand and her breath slowing to a steady rise and fall. "If they're militaristic attitude towards the people are because the soldiers are being manipulated by Homunculi, it's only natural that their leader would be a homunculus."

"Oh, and not only is the Furer a homunculus, but so is his secretary." I growled. That means, by all evidence, that was what we created. That night so many years ago.

"Brother, you don't think-"

"Yes Al. Can we not talk about it?" I snapped, but he did not listen at all.

"- that we created that homunculus?" I turned back to him, anger beginning to take over. I told him not to talk about it!!! I started to walk over to him, to push him, to kick him, anything to stop him from talking. Before I could reach him, Scarlett stood in between us, pushing us both away. There was a spark of light once her fingertips touched Al, and next thing I knew, she was on the ground.

"Scarlett?!" I called out her name in surprise and helped her to her feet. She looked expectantly at Alphonse, and she nodded her head.

"Did you see it too?" She asked him, making me feel confused. Not to mention left out.

"It looked like a giant door!!" Al exclaimed. Wait- WHAT? My eyes widened and I froze.

"You saw the Truth?" I asked, and Scarlett. "I am an alchemist. Possibly I summoned it subconcisely," she turned to me, a quirky smile now on her face. "And that means no touchy. No physical contact with your brother until we sort out this shit." I gave her a frown and rolled my eyes. Geez...we're not gay.

"Yeah, yeah. Fine." I sighed, grabbing her hand in my own before beginning to walk in some random direction.

"Do you know where you're going?" Scarlett giggled. I was taken back mentally for a second at her giggle. Damn its cute. "Because that's not the way you had planned."

"I knew that!!" I defended, turning back the way I needed to go.

"Where are we going to begin with?" I heard Al mumble behind us, and I turned back to the two.

"We're going to Risembol."

"What?!? No way that's where the state will look first for us." I can't believe he doesn't believe my judgement! Have I ever led them somewhere that could be a possible danger?

...Never mind.

"I know the Homunculi are after us, but before we go after them, I need to get something." I explained, starting off once again.

"Hey genius," Scarlett called forward to me, a visible smirk on her face, "Risembol is the other way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"Men and directions..." I grumbled as I jumped across the boulders next to a raging river. This may be the correct direction to Risembol, but with Ed's directionally challenged mind leading us, we could be in the Northern mountains by 'accident'. I sighed and pulled my hard tighter in its braid that I still had in.

"How much farther?" I asked Ed as he had stopped walking a few yards ahead. I could see he was becoming irked with my slow pace and whining to the point he could commit murder.

"We'll get there..." he started, turning around to face me, "WHEN WE GET THERE!!!" He yelled, and I'm pretty sure I went deaf now due to him. A twig snapped. My head immediately went forward where I saw two blue uniforms.

"You two," I pointed to the tree line where Edward and Alphonse we're going to hide. What if one of the uniforms is Roy's? What do I do? I may not know, but all of us agreed we can't trust anyone in the military. We simply are stray dogs, one could say.

"Hey, Ed, Al, it's nice to see you again." I could heard Falman laugh nervously. I spun around, seeing that the two brother's cover was blown. Ed narrowed his eyes.

"It's nice to see a gun pointed in the middle of my forehead." He retorted mercilessly. Oh shit.

"I've gotta give the Colonel credit. He knew you'd take this backroad into your hometown. Come on, no hard feelings." Falman scratched the back of his neck. He really is a sweet guy when you get to meet him, but who knows what his motives are.

"Yeah, no hard feelings, guys." I whispered, jumping down from the leafy canvas above and knocking out both men unconcise. "Let's go!" I called to the two brothers, and we made a mad dash. I really hate rocky ledges because I don't have good stability on terrain like this. I wobbled, but kept running.

"Stop!" Breda shouted from behind us, but did we listen? NO!!! HAHAHAHA. We began to jump closer to the river, making me feel like a giant rock was placed in my stomach with all the worry. Ed and Al grew far closer than I expected, so I pushed Ed away before the two could touch.

"Brother!"

"Sorry Al, but we don't know what you'll trigger!" I explained, literally falling stop Ed.

"We need to stop meeting like this." I heard Ed's humor under a layer of anger as the state military grew nearer. As we stood up, a giant rock hard spike landed next to me. More fell from the sky?! I heard Risembol had weird weather, but seriously?!? I clapped my hands together and held them out to the spike right above us, watching it blew into small fragments and glinted in the sun.

"Run!!" So, we began to do just that, but we were cut off by a deadly row of flames.

"You know, running makes you look like you're guilty of something." His smirk was dripping from his words, but I was too afraid to look to see if it was on his face. I kept my face down.

"Well, we knew you'd come after us. Isn't that what a dog does when confronted with danger?" Ed asked, gripping my hand in his own. "Roy Mustang!!" I finally looked up to see not only Roy and Riza, but Alex Armstrong, Sheska, and even Winry.

"Yes, but a trained dog never defies his master's orders." Mustang gave me a look, making me shrink back. "Such as you, Scarlet. You were always a good kid." Damn you Roy.

"Then I guess we're strays." Ed said cockily. He kept a strong hold on my hand, and the only thought going though my head was,

When did all this go down the hole?

___________________
Done!! Can't say much, but I entered the FMA Watty awards, so when the time comes, I hope you'll vote for this!!

Comment

Like

Follow

~ Saturnthehero.