Girls are just as powerful!

Edward's P.O.V.

Al acts like a parent at times. I'm not that childish! I walked up to the librarian behind the desk, checking books and putting them on a cart.

"Excuse me, could you give me all the information you have on the Black Shadow Alchemist?" I asked rudely. She looked up from her book and gave me a smile.

"I'm sorry, those records are only open to Lieutenant Colonel Mustang." I growled, who the hell was Mustang commanding??

"Come on, I'm the Full Metal Alchemist! There must be something on him I have access to!" She thought for a minute, walking to a nearby shelf and pulling out a thin book.

"This is all." She sighed. I said thanks and took the book.

"What's that book brother?" Al looked over my shoulder.

"That report, it was from a legendary alchemist. The Black Shadow Alchemist." I explained. Al gasped as I opened the book. "But I can't find anything on him because everything is off limits to everyone but Mustang."

"Even the Fuhrer?" Al asked curiously. I nodded, starting to read.

DAMN! I never want to meet him in a alley! After five years of being a state alchemist, he's taken down thirty plus terrorists and drug dealers. All that I had access to was some of his reports to Mustang. What was so important about him that it meant no one had access? Maybe instead of thinking of a reason, why don't I ask the only person that can get them. I grinned to myself. I was going to get answers if it killed him.

"Come on Al." I called out, grabbing my red jacket. "Let's get some rest."

"Why Ed? You usually pull all nighters at the library."

"We're going to see Mustang tomorrow."

Shadow's P.O.V.

I plopped down into the train car, situating myself next to the window. When I see that stupid man I was going to punch him I promised myself. I sighed. His faced flashed against my memory. The dark, black hair that covered his forehead; and that smug grin he always had on his face.

"Um," the soldier tried to catch my attention. "So you're Black Shadow?" I turned my head on my hand towards him, giving a death stare.

"Yes."

"Oh.."

"What? Expecting a guy with a sharp insight and skills that rival alchemy itself?" I asked, annoyed. Everyone always was amazed when I say that. They also say I'm short. Those who say that aren't alive for long.

"N-No! I was just... sorry." He quickly said. I frowned. I hated soldiers who kept saying sorry for stuff that didn't matter. "I'm Kain Fuery ." He introduced.

"Scarlett. Scarlett Reems." I gave a small lazy wave. He was quiet for the remainder of the ride. This, Kain Fuery, wore rectangular glasses. His hair was black with tints of blue and was a military cut. Of course, he wore the state military uniform. Royal blue with golden edges. He nervously thumbed the fabric of his small coat that ended at his hips.

"What has Roy been doing nowadays?" I yawned. Kain flinched before looking at me in astonishment.

"You act like he's your best friend." He smiled. "Well, colonel has been moved to Central headquarters with some of his subordinates. Me being one of them."

"He's been busy." A smirk pierced through my frown, finding its place on my face. "I remember when he used to be saying 'yes sir!' to everyone. Guess he found a reason why he's a dog."

Edward's P.O.V.

I laid in bed; dreaming of what it would be like to meet the famous Black Shadow Alchemist. I smile as the thought of him teaching us his advanced alchemy sinks in.

"Brother?" Al turned in bed to face me. "Why are you so interested in the Black Shadow?"

"Well, he's had to travel around the world for five years. He's got to know something about the philosophers stone." I stare at the ceiling. All we can do now is guess. No home to go back to, no parents to look up to,...

....Nothing to lose.

I wake up to my messy hair strewn in my mouth. I blow it out before battling it with a brush. I put on my black pants with my boots, too lazy to tie the laces. Al wakes up a few minutes later as I shrug on my shirt.

"Morning Al." I greet him as he polishes his armor. I race downstairs for breakfast. I wolf it down knowing what I have to do today.

We walked proudly down the hallway.

"So what do you think he's going to say to us?" Al asked. I shrugged my shoulders, yawning loudly. Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye stepped out of a room, carrying piles of paper. She turned to us; her eyebrows raise.

"Oh, Elric Brothers, this makes things much easier. Roy Mustang wants you to report to his office immediately." She informs us. All of my bones become noodles, and I lose all of my courage.

"A-Are you sure RIGHT now?" I grimly look at her. She rolls her eyes and hands Al a piece of paper.

"Yes. Right now." She stumbled down the hall, trying to balance the large stack of paper. We walk past the cafeteria where a large group of state alchemist crowd a short, ginger girl. She was peacefully eating her soup while the soldiers tried to get her attention.

"Ed, she's almost as short as you, but she's a little taller." Al whispers into my ear. I began to growl under my breath. I am NOT SHORT. All the way across the cafeteria; overheard by all the voices, and through two inches of glass, she heard our conversation. She glared at us, her eyes narrowing its gaze to me. She mouthed two words.

Watch out.

I took it as a good time to run for the hills. We ran all the way to Mustang's office, closing the door quickly afterwards. Mustang looked at us with confusion before looking back at some papers he had to sign.

"Hello Full Metal. Alphonse. Glad you came so fast." He said nonchalantly.

"Well, we want to know all you have on the Alchemist Black-" I was rudely interrupted by the door slamming open. I turned to see the red headed girl making her way to Roy's desk.

"What the hell Roy?!?" She exclaimed, slamming her hands down on the wood. Some lieutenants and soldiers crowded around the doorframe. Kain stumbled in after her. She pointed to him. "I don't mind if you send your subordinates to take a look at the town, but sending him in WHILE I WAS UNDERCOVER?!? YOU NEARLY GOT HIM KILLED!!!" She began to shout louder. Everyone seemed to jump back. I shivered behind Al, who was also rattling, scared to death. Roy smiled at her.

"Well, speak of the devil. Edward," He gestured for me to come closer. I took small steps closer. The girl was still going on about Fuery almost killed.

"Think about people before yourself, dude." She grumbled, finishing her preaching lesson.

"I do, you know a lot about me thinking about other people." Mustang smirked. It must be a inside joke. She was taken back, her face turning fifty shades redder then her hair. "Edward, meet the Black Shadow Alchemist. Scarlett, meet the Full Metal Pain in my Ass."

"I AM NOT!" I yelled at his face. What?! The famous Black Shadow Alchemist was a girl?!? She stared at me, obviously bored.

"Yeah, yeah..." She let out an annoyed sigh. She turned her head back to Mustang. "Now tell me why you broke my five year cover. You've never done this before."

"I have a new mission for you." Mustang sat back in his seat, his smile growing. Scarlett's ears perked up, and I was interested myself. He pointed to me. "You have been assigned to protect the Elric Brothers while they search for the philosophers stone."

"WHAT?!?" She screeched.

___________________
Lol, sorry, I can't help it. Sorry, I just had to update this. Don't worry, I have a deal. Want to make a deal?? I'll update one chapter of When in the Country of Hearts, then I'll update one chapter of this! yeah! BTW, I drew the photo. Yeah, it was quick, but I just wanted a picture in your head.

Let's shake on it. *holds out hand, ready to seal the deal.* Alright

Comment

Like

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero