Playing as if we were Gods

Alphonse's P.O.V.

We talked not only to Armstrong, but Sig as well to find out where Teacher would go to be away from society. Where? Why would she take the homunculus boy as well?

"Well, would she go to an island?" Scarlett guessed as she shrugged her shoulders and leaned on brother. His face grew red and he shoved her away.

"No way!!" He denied, then began thinking. "Alphonse, we'll need a boat to get to the island we found him." Edward walked onward without both Scarlett and I. She sighed, turned to me and smiled happily.
"Let's get that boat." She said.

Teacher was just up ahead, on her knees as the hound homunculus grasped her neck. Sig had told us the truth about Teacher's condition and that she did the taboo to bring back her dead child, ending up in her inner organs being taken away.

"Teacher!" I called out helplessly, hoping she would come to her senses and fight like she did with us. But she never did. Edward and Scarlett stood in front with their automail arms changed into blades. Any move he would make can easily be blocked because those two are the strongest alchemists I've ever known.

"Do you know how a homunculus is born?" The boy asked with a grin widening on his face.

"You aren't born, you're created by alchemists." Ed answered strongly, but Scarlett did not. She simply kept her head down in, what seemed like, shame.

"Please enlighten my student, Scarlett Reems." Izumi looked paler than I've ever seen her be in bed before, and her eyes..

Were a gunmetal steel gaze locked on Scar.'s red hair. Ed looked a bit confused and I didn't know what to think anymore. What do I do?

"They are born, Edward." She replied dryly. "They are born when a person commits the taboo. When a person wants to play God." I felt like a weight was placed on my soul. Just another secret I had to keep from the ones I knew.

"So that's.."

"My child." Teacher hung her head in shame and in These secrets, these lies, they'll be the true death of me. Winry raced into the scene. We told her to stay in the boat!! Now we have another person who could be hurt. Scarlett only tightened her stance, and kept whispering to Brother.

"And that's how us, the damned, are born." Izumi's child grinned a malicious grin.

"Who told about this?" Scarlett walked two steps closer to the boy. She was unafraid, and calm.

"Envy helped me remember who I am and where I came from."

"Wait- so you saw the homunculus with the weird Palm tree hair as well?" Scarlett questioned. "I knew I wasn't crazy!"

"He was born the same way as me. All of them were. And thanks to you idiots who went out to play god, all we want to be now is human." He grinned and held Brother's rightful arm to the sky.

"I remember. I remember sitting in the dark, and all I could do is sit and wait in the darkness. Then, a young boy was foolish enough to knock on the door of Truth. He kept crying and saying 'give me back my little brother!' So I took his limbs for my own, and after awhile, I was able to open the door myself."

That's his point of view...when we did the taboo.. This was just too hard to let it sink in.

Edward's P.O.V.

This boy...is not only Teacher's son, but the face I saw on the other side of the door.

"I can't believe it.." my mind was blowing up on the inside, and my body simply turned to stone.

"Ed," Scarlett had stress in her voice, but I didn't move.

"Thank you for the arm and leg. Thank you for this incomplete life! Nothing can match my gratitude; not even my hate. Now, give me the rest of your body so I can be human!!" He screamed the last part and began running at me. I-I can't hurt him. I can't even pull myself to believe the facts.

"Damn it Edward!!" I saw something red flash in front of me and attack the homunculus boy. "Alphonse! Take Edward!" She called over her shoulder. Al's metal arm wrapped around my chest and pulled me away from the dust flying.

"Brother, if you're not able to fight, Scarlett and I will." He said. Teacher began to stand, but blood leaked out of her mouth in the process.

"Al, you can't-"

"Those limbs are my brother's. I will fight. And I don't think Scarlett will stop since that homunculus was aiming to do harm." Al pointed out coldly. ironically, her grunts of frustration finally reached our ears and the maniac screams of the boy.

"I don't want a girl body! I want his!!"

"Well FUCK YOU THEN!!"

Alphonse takes this as his moment to attack, even though our screams say to not do it. At that moment, I see the boy has the upper hand, and Scarlett's chin makes contact with his foot and falls into the mud. She doesn't get back up.

"Leave. Her. ALONE!" Al yells, but before he even has a chance to lay a punch; Izumi stands between the two. She's gonna get hurt an- I was right. That bitch of a son just threw Teacher!!
I came charging on the scene, but I should have known better. Al was being controlled from the inside by the homunculus, and he grabbed my metal wrist and broke it.

"No more with that arm of yours. You're going to help be destroy your brother with all those ugly metal limbs." I could literally hear the boy's grin in his words. Winry brewed on the corner at the words "ugly limbs".

"I don't think so!" The voice came just as fast as the power did. Suddenly, Al was on the ground and Scarlett stood above. "Sorry bro. Had to do it." She smiled at Al.

"Brother, homunculus can't do alchemy. He creates a circle with his left leg and right arm. That's how he can fuse himself with other objects! It's because.." Al trailed off.

"He has Edward's limbs." Izumi filled in the blank. That only made me madder.

"Impossible.." I dejected the thought. Never. It was impossible. I don't even know what's real and what's not. The only people I can cling to for reality is Al and Scarlett. She stands so strong no matter the situation, I wish I was like her.

"This power isn't yours to begin with! Those are my brother's lost arm and leg! Give them back!!" Al walked with anger in every step closer. He changed his arm into a sharp stone, making his arm a dark grey color in comparison to his complexion. "No."

"Leave this to me, Alphonse." Scarlett pushed Al back and stepped forward so she was an equal four meters away. The boy laughed at her. Before anyone could take a breath, Scarlett attacked with a new drive I've never seen. her attacks were far from perfect, in my opinion, they were above. Wait-what am I saying? They were okay. 😒

"This is my problem to bear! None of you interfere!" I heard Teacher's voice in the battle's direction, and by the time I looked up, the homunculus had passed around Teacher and kicked Scarlett in the stomach to the point a horrible crack echoed off. I was the first to scramble to my feet; still in a daze, but I raced toward the red haired bitch who was now falling to the ground.

"Al! Help Teacher to the boat. I'll help Scar." I informed my brother as I carefully picked up the now unconcise Scarlett bridal style. Out of the corner of my eyes, Winry gritted her teeth and stormed away with Al. I chuckled. Girls. They can't get enough of me. 😏

"Hey.." I whispered, pushing a few strands of her bangs away from her cheek. She did not stir, and so I simply carried her back all the way.

...I do NOT care for her, got it?