Story Time

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Edward came up behind me, setting his hand on my shoulder. My eyes became foggy. In front of me, was my father that I hadn't seen in ten years.

"Just go.." I whispered to him, letting go of his shirt still in my fist. He looked at me for a moment, then looked at the door.

"..Okay." He agreed, but before he started out the door, he quickly turned back to me and wrapped his arms around me. I froze in place once more. "I don't care if you hate me forever, but I want you to know,....I'm sorry. So so sorry." He cried, letting his arms fall to his sides as he walked out. I simply went back to cutting the potatoes or whatever I could find because everyone in the room was staring at me.

"You have to tell us what that was about." Edward commanded. commands? I'm got answering anything that little shit asks.

"That was my father." I reply.

"Not good enough."

"You ain't getting anything out of me shortie, so you might as well sit down and shove that delicious stew in your giant mouth." I glared at him, and he quickly sat down and began eating at top speed. We all sat down and Winry began crying after five minutes.

"What are you crying for Winry?" Ed asked, setting a hand on her shoulder.

"I could've died!" She exclaimed, becoming silent and staring down at her bowl. Really? I had a better chance of dying than her. I rubbed the back of my neck without thinking. They'll just keep asking about my past, and they won't stop until I spill the sob story. Oh goody.

"Fine." I set my spoon down on the table, and Winry and Ed high five. Those shits had this all planned out from the beginning. I'm gonna kick that shortie's ass all the way out of the country.

"I'll tell you."

It had been three years after my mother died and my father was left to care for me. He usually was so nice to me, but after I had just turned three, he lost it. He came home drunk and crying for my mother to come home.

"Come here you little brat!!" His anger only fueled me to fight against his grasp. He repetitively kicked me and whipped me. Three more years went by like that, until a certain state alchemist came to Resembol. He saved me from my endless nightmare.

"Hey kid." He addressed me carefully as I pushed tighter into my corner. "You don't have to be afraid. I'm gonna protect you." He smiled faintly. I still kept my curled position, but I looked up at him.

"My name is Roy Mustang." He introduced. Roy held out his hand for me to take. "Let's go home."

"And that's it." I dully exclaimed, getting up out of my seat. "I met Roy in his first year as a state alchemist."

"My, that was ten years ago." Alex Louis Armstrong finally spoke up. He's been very quiet through the whole story. I turned to Edward who was now staring down at his bowl, a look of horror on his face.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I stood up from the table and went outside. I didn't like sleeping in a bed that much, so instead, I slept in trees. After a bad coughing fit, damn rain, I began to climb the tree until I found a comfortable branch. I lay awake for hours it seemed, until the crickets started to chirp a melody. I sat up and felt the cool night air on my face.

"I can hold my breath." I began, tapping a harmony melody to the nature around me.

"I can bite my tongue. I can stay awake for days if that's what you want. Be your number one. I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask, give you all I am. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it."

Edward's P.O.V.

I lay in bed, thinking over everything she said. I couldn't get over the feeling she was still not telling us something. I sighed. brain work is hard while you're trying to sleep.

"I can fake a smile."

Sitting up in bed, I looked out the window.

"What is it brother?" Alphonse whispered to me. I put my finger over my lips and pointed to the window. We sat in silence as the song continued.

"I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the part, if that's what you ask, give you all I am. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.

"But I'm only human. And I bleed when I fall down, I'm only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart because I'm only human."

"I can turn it on. Be a good machine. I can hold the weight of worlds if that's what you need. Be your everything. I can do it, I can do it, I'll get through it!

"But I'm only human. And I bleed when I fall down, I'm only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart because I'm only human. I'm only human, I'm only human, just a little human."

"I can take so much. Till I've had enough. Cause I'm only human, and I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human, and I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart because I'm only

Human."

"Brother, you don't think that's-"

"Yes I do Alphonse. I think that's Scarlett." I answer him. I smile at the window. Scarlett's not so bad after all.

Sorry I called you a bitch.

___________________

Yay, he finally said sorry! :3 well , sorry this chapter was late, but hey, for a lazy person, this is better than nothing.

Comment

Like

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero