Blood Red Feelings.

Edward's P.O.V.

"What now, smart ass?" Scar asks me, clutching her still bleeding left arm. The growling figures grew closer, and our exit was cut off by more yellow eyes.

"I'll fight this time." I stated, 48 still in my hands. I threw the head into the air, attacking the animals I now learned were chimeras. "Assholes!! Go back to hell!" I yelled at them as I kicked each one away from Scarlett. She simply took, like, twenty of the bastard chimeras down with her freaking legs...How....why... I can't even begin to imagine how she took down two times as many enemies as me with her fracking legs!!! I stopped, catching 48 as gravity pulled him to the ground.

"Let's move." Scarlett urges us forward. We walk about a foot forward before a large dark shadow blocks us.

"Another one?!" I yell. Honestly, I'm getting pissed. Let's actually get something done for once!!

"No." 48 replies. Figure comes into my line of vision. The face is..no, Tucker?!

"It has been a long time, Edward." Tucker addresses me.

"Shou Tucker?! The sewing life alchemist!??" I denied. It can't be. "You were sent to execution by the military!!"

"Well, my brother and I were executed in the military records as well, but here we were. Does it surprise you that a few other inmates were kept as chimeras?" 48 speaks up, explaining little.

"It's not that.." I whisper intensely. I couldn't bare to say her name. "It's Nina. Your daughter is DEAD BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID!!!" My voice grew with every word I spoke. Scarlett simply stood behind me, her breathing slow and even.

"I'm living for Nina." Tucker tried to justify his means. "I know what you must be feeling Edward, but.." Tucker saw Scarlett behind me and smiled. "It's been quite a long time, Scarlett Reems." She flinched behind me, a scowl placed on her lips.

"Don't think I forgot, bitch." She growled menacingly.

"Let's not get off track. you changed yourself into a chimera, yet kept you intelligence. Who would have that power?" I got closer to him. "Who's running this place?!"

"Please, walk this way.." Tucker ushered us deeper into the hallway. Tubes filled the walls, and I almost threw us when I found out what was inside.

"Please, don't look at her. She's very shy." Tucker said over his shoulder. A doll-like figure that resembled Nina. The four year old had a long life ahead of her, now she's dead because of this bastard!! With his back turned, I pulled my right fist back, anger taking control of my actions. Before I let my force move forward, I felt a hand slap my forearm down. Scarlett, with her now useless left hand, looked at me both with disappointment and dishonor.

"Do not take this fight any farther." She warned, her dark eyes glowering at me behind her flaming red bangs. I sighed, letting my hand flop to my side. Tucker showed us through a large set of doors, there, a room was lit by an ominous red glow. I raced around the room, taking in all of the surroundings. There, in the middle of the room, was a giant transmutation circle. Then I realized; the containers around the circle held a familiar red liquid. I stopped in my tracks.

"This is an incomplete Philosophers Stone." I murmured.

"Yes, incomplete, but still very powerful." Tucker replied. I didn't want to believe it, but here it was, right in front of me. The thing that can give my brother and I our bodies back. I could heal Scarlett. "They can also be used to create a true philosophers stone. It is impossible for any ordinary alchemist."

"Don't do it, Ed.." Scarlett warned me, walking closer.

"I'm not any ordinary alchemist." I admitted, pushing Scarlett's warnings to the side.

"Ed,-"

"Scar, I know what I'm doing."

"No you don't! You thought you knew what to do when you tried to create a human and NOW LOOK AT YOU!!" Scarlett gestured to myself. A surge of pain shot through me, causing my gaze to become interested on the floor.

A few minutes passed before I decided to look over some documents Tucker let me see.

"I think I get why this lab was created now. It used to be a operation to develop large scale military applications for alchemy. Or more specifically, how to harness human alchemy to the military's advantage." I began to understand the more I read. Scarlett simply looked around the room, still not satisfied by my choice. "That's why they have all these incomplete philosophers stones."

"If you wanted, you could make your own." Tucker suggested.

"Do you mean you know how these shards were created?" I asked.

"No, this room was here when I got here. Created and abandoned probably by the same man that used this, Tim Marcoh. I can only guess his methods."

"He used li-"

"Ed, does it really matter anymore what they're made of?" Tucker snapped at me. "We cannot restore them back to their original bodies, but we can let them be helpful by using the souls they gave."

"I'd rather die than become a tool." Scarlett crossed her arms, the bleeding in her left arm caked the left side of her body.

"I agree with the Tucker-chimera man." 48 spoke up.

"Shut it tin can." She growled.

"What? I sympathize."

"I don't care."

"Al's life has meaning, no matter what state." I mumbled, clapping my hands together. I transmuted the circle on the floor to the top of the ceiling.

"What's right above this?" I asked. We walked up to see a similar room with more red liquid.

"This must be where all the ingredients are stored." Scarlett leaned on one of the walls. "I guess you could work with this.." She mumbled, walking back to the first room.

"You two are gonna transmute both rooms at once?" Tucker asked, his eyes widening. I hated to admit this, but it looked like he suspected me to do this.

"'We'?? no." Scar shot him down immediately. "I am not in this. IN FACT, I am totally against this!!"

"What could go wrong?" I asked her. I had all the calculations thought out in my head. "I'm gonna use the left over material from the room below to combine it with the material in this room."

"EVERYTHING could go wrong!" She yelled. It was a childish point. Not everything could go wrong.

"What choice do I have now??" I whispered only loud enough for her to hear.

"You could walk away."

"I can't."

"Yes you could."

"I have to do this!"

"..Did you say the same thing when you tried to transmute your mother?" I stared deeply into her eyes. She had an icy gaze that told me she knew more than she let on. She saw the truth as well, but when? She turned, and began to walk out of the room.

"I'll only tell you this once." She called back over her shoulder. "If you go through with this, I'll hate you forever."

___________________

I'll end the chapter there. hope yous liked 😃 I just wanted to thank all of the people that read this and all of mah stories. I'm amazed how many FullMetal alchemist fans there are out there. So give me a shout!

Comment

Like

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero