Rotten On The Inside

Edward's P.O.V.

We were finally sitting down on the train that would take us back to Central. Since the military is still on our ass, we all have to costumes, and sadly, Scarlett dyed her hair brown so no one would suspect a thing. She does not look at all like a brunette, or even a blonde! Honestly, I think she looks the best with her fiery red hair out of any other color. She was literally bouncing in her seat; itching to see Hughes again.

Yeah, about that,

I'm still trying to think of a way to break the news about Hughes being dead to her, but it's so hard to tell someone when they're all smiles.

"Do you think Hughes got anywhere with the information on the Homunculi?" Damn. What do I say?!?

"S-Sure." I said, turning away to look outside. I feel like I've just lied to a small girl. This is harder than I initially thought, lying. There was a loud thud, and soldiers began flooding the car.

"Fan out!" The commander said, making people around us a bit frightened. "There is a tall one, a short woman, and a dwarf. The dwarf could be overlooked, so check carefully!" I AM NOT A DWARF ALRIGHT?!?! JUST BECAUSE I LIVE IN A BIG WORLD DOESNT MEAN THAT I AM SO SMALL A MOUSE WOULD MISTAKE ME FOR A PIECE OF CHEESE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, trying to keep it together. Scarlett yawned next to me, and I felt her arm snake across my shoulders. I froze: WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE DOING?!?

"Hello chaps!!" She cheerfully greeted someone. I stupidly turned my head around to see two guards giving us suspicy looks.

"No, these two can't be the ones were looking for, Scarlett Reems has red hair, and that guy is too tall to even remotely be our guy." WHY THAT LITTLE SON OF A B-

"Who're you looking for? They spound like really bad people if the military is after their hides." Scarlett smirked, clamping a hand around my mouth to stop my cursing mind.

"Well, runaway alchemists who are very dangerous." The soldier chuckled as Scarlett clamped onto my arm tighter.

"Yowzah. I hope you find them soon!" She faked a shiver, and I blushed as she pushed her face into my arm.

"Don't worry. We'll catch them." He assured. I wriggled out of her grasp, and headed after them.

"Hey guys! This looks to be the height of on e person we're looking for." And yet another soldier enters before they all begin to walk out. If they go to the cargo room, Al may get caught!!

I followed them to where three out of the car any into the cargo car where they stood in front of the statue I transmuted around Al.

"Should we break it?" One asks, and I could see Al shaking the statue. We need to save him, and fast! Scarlett stands in back of the three, carefully transmuting their feet to the floor of the car as I bravely pushed Alphonse out of the way. Oh noes!! MY BOOTS CAME OFF!!

"Hey! Weren't you tall just a second ago?!?" One pointed at me, and this time, Scarlett didn't deny the will to laugh. "You're actually a dwarf!!"

"And the truth hits!!" She laughs at me, slinging an arm once again over my shoulder. I froze once again as heat rose to my cheeks. Damn you bitch.

And now back to running. Lovely, especially since Scarlett is simply laughing at how I can run so fast with short legs.

"WHO'RE YOU CALLIN SHORT!?!? ILL BREAK YOUR LEGS OFF AND TRANSMUTE THEM TO A TABLE SO YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!!" I screamed back at her, unable to hold back my chuckle after a few moments.

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Okay, that was the worst threat I've ever heard in my sixteen years of living. We finally escaped the stupid soldiers, and we all hid in a bed car. Ed crashed on a bed, and Alphonse sat politely down on the other across from Ed's.

"Brother, why did you stop me? I remember the Truth, and in the Philosophers stone, so maybe I don't need a circl-"

"We don't know what will happen Al." Edward interrupted, "We can't take the chance that I may lose you again. Don't worry, because I won't stop until you have your body back to normal."

"And me and well." I rolled my eyes. He always forgets about me. The world doesn't revolve around him and his fudging problems.

"And Scarlett." He added quickly, tossing my name around like nothing. "Anyways, there's somewhere we need to go first before we can even think about taking down the Homunculi."

"Where, Brother?" Al asked curiously, but I groaned in anger. I want to see Hughes again!! Damn man must be going crazy without a single phone call or letter from me.

"To teacher's house."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well. Here we are. Again. NOT AT CENTRAL. I never thought I would miss the big city, but we've only been going to rural towns and villages for a couple months now, and I'm getting a little out of my comfort zone.

"Sig!!" I called out, seeing him turn to us with a smile.

"What brings you here?" He asked. Ed isn't answer, and I simply shrugged.

"I don't know."

"We need to see teacher." Ed suddenly talks, and I look to him with sadness in his eyes. Sig showed us back to their butcher shop, and Ed fell to his knees in front of Izumi.

"Sorry, teacher, but I just wanted to ask,..."

"..If you have any remains of your unborn child." I gasped, and looked horrified at Edward. That's not how you start a conversation with your teacher!!she simply took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"So you're going after them..?" She asked, and I just looked at both of them as if they were cray cray. BECAUSE THEY WERE!!

"Yes." Ed answered, standing up, and pulling me to his side.

"Because I won't let anyone else die at the hands of the Homunculi like Maes Hughes did."

....

..

.......

Hughes is..

..D-Dead?

_______________

Like

Comment

Follow. 🙉🙈🙊

~ Saturnthehero.