Epilogue, And A Final Goodbye.

The picture, to me, is supposed to be Roy leaving Scarlett's funeral. If you don't see it that way, just use your imagination. :P

3rd person P.O.V.

Scarlett opened her eyes into the white void. Somewhere neither up nor down could be defined. This is when she fell to the stable floor and let out her tears.

"Idiot.." She cried softly, "I love you too!!"

"A life for a life...." a voice echoed from the void, and Scarlett turned to meet a gigantic door. And there was the being once more, a frown on his face though. "..Equivalent exchange. that silly boy would've died for you, and you would do the same." She nodded. At this point, Scarlett's eyes were puffy and red from her crying.

"I'd do anything for Edward!" She yelled, and at that moment, the being smiled.

"Perhaps Equivalent exchange is on your side today. A life for a life. You've saved that boy's at the expense of your own, and well, I am one. I am all.

"And more importantly, I am you and he." The being pointed to Scarlett. Her tears began to dry at this, and the white void changed around them. Now it was the chapel where the entrance to the underground city stood. Both Russell and Fletcher Tringham were still waiting two people who would never come. The day was now about to break where the sun peaked through the chapel's stained glass.

"Brother, Alphonse and that other girl came out awhile ago, maybe they took another path?" Fletcher asked his older brother. He was now doubting himself. Of course both Edward and Scarlett would make it out! The two were unstoppable together!

"No. We stay here." Russell flatly replied. "If they don't come back in an hour, we go to Roy Mustang. We promised." Russell stared painfully down at Scarlett's watch. Scarlett moved closer to Russell as he looked downward.

"What is this?" Scarlett asked with eyebrows raised.

"The outcome of your death. The many lives turned." Was the only reply. Once again, the scene melted back to the ballroom. Where Scarlett's body lay still, and blood was around her in a pool.

"...Are you two sure this is where FullMetal and Black Shadow are?" Mustang's voice sent chills up Scarlett's spine. Then, near the door, entered Roy, as he scrunched his nose at the music still playing cheerfully. He looked around. "Almost seems as if a fight went down in here. No no doubt Ed and Scar's doing."

"Sir, you might wanna come see this.." Russell called called over to him as she stood over Scarlett's body. Scarlett stepped closer. She saw Roy run to the mangled body.
She saw how he wept and cried with all his heart that there was a way to bring her back.
She saw all of it. Fletcher hugging Russell as they stared down at her body in Mustang's tight grip. She could almost feel him herself, even thought it was impossible.

"Please, stop..." She cried, turning away from the scene into a large parlor. The lights were dim, as the room was only light by candles. Glowing as red as Scarlett's own hair. She saw many people there; Rico, Mustang, almost all of Risembol including Winry, Alphonse, Izumi, and Sig.

"She was so young, and so talented." Izumi murmured slowly as they approached her casket. Scarlett saw as Izumi set her warm hand on the dead and pale hand of Scarlett Reems. A ghostly warmth radiated off Scarlett's hand, causing more tears to fall from her cheeks. Winry was a mess with enough tears to fill a lake, while Alphonse simply stood confused next to her.

"Who is she?" He asked, and Scarlett felt her heart truly break. The confusion in his eyes, and the question made Winry almost collapse at the casket's side. Sig picked her up gently by the shoulders, and led her to a seat as well as Al.