Hohenhiem of Light

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"Are you still mad at me, Edward," Hohenhiem asked, and Ed's face flustered with more anger.

"Why would I be mad??" He's in denial. It's almost too cute. Wait- did I just say he looked cute?

"There's nothing to be mad about!! I-I was simply having a polite conversation with this man here." She said casually, but the flustered look on her face said otherwise.

"Really?" I asked, interested in her reply.

"Then why is your face so red?" Winry asked from her window above. Damn!! That girl's been spying?!? I looked up and waved to her, seeing her smile in return.

"I-It's his cologne. No soldier I know wears cologne in the military." Her face turned a bright pink.

"Maybe because the soldiers you know don't want to smell like sissy flowery girls." He mumbled, almost a full growl.

"No offense, General Scarlett."

"None taken." I sighed. I have better shit to worry about than stupid remarks.

"I hate his smell." Ed brewed, pulling on my arm to go inside the Rockbell's house. "When Al was born, he left. No note, nothing. No matter what, his smell always lingered around our house and wouldn't go away."

"Ed, sometimes the past comes back to haunt you, and you just have to accept it." I sighed. What is with his bipolar attitude at times? He acts like a woman on her period.

"Funny; that same smell was all over Lyra though." I saw Hohenhiem swivel around in his seat and stare wide eyed at Ed.

"You saw Lyra?" He asked.

"Yeah! She made it out of Dante's house. Isn't that great!!" I could see sparkles literally flying from Al's armor as he said it. I hissed and backed away, entering the house and leaving the conversation. Instead I helped Pinako make dinner.

"So, tell me," she pushed up her glasses after setting the dish into the oven carefully, "what do you think of Ed?"

WHOA. IS THIS WOMAN THINKING ED AND I...?!?!!

"Um," I choked out, "he's really annoying, and could have a better attitude towards others," what should I say?! I've never had to explain what I totally think about him!! "But he's a good man to be around. Even if his temper is as short as his height." I saw Pinako chuckle from the corner of my eye. That's when we heard Ed yell,

"Shut up!! You don't get to just show up and start acting like a father again!! Not after we had to watch mom die without you!!" Ouch Ed.

"Edward!" I exclaimed, hoping he would calm the funk out and apologize, but he just ran upstairs to his room. Geez louize. Can this day get any more bipolar? Eh, probably, but I'm not going to tempt fate.

"I'll go talk to him." I groaned, starting up the stairs and down the hallway. I could hear him sniffling behind the oak door once I reached it. Should I knock? My knuckles wavered over the wood as I decided.

"I know you're there. Simply come in." He snapped, and I opened the door and slipped into the room. I expected to see a teenager's room; filled with posters, or at least some crude pictures he had tried to make at a very young age. You know, the kind where everything's a stick figure and the faces are a bright green crayon. But nothing.

It was simply an empty room- other than the two beds and desk- and Ed sulkily laid on one bed as his breath was steady and even. I stared at him, arms folded across my chest. Heh, I felt like his mother after catching him doing something like the juvenile delinquent he was.

"Ed." I said, but nothing.

"Ed."

"Ed."

"Eddy."

"Edah."

"Fo science's sake, WHAT?!" He asked, groaning though his pillow.

"You're such a woman." I chuckled, sitting on the edge of the bed next to him. He still said nothing, but turned on his side to face me.

"Why are you still here?" He asked quietly.

"Because you aren't the boss of me?" I asked back, a smirk placed eternally on my lips. He shook his head, some of his blonde hair falling into my lap.

"I mean, you lost your arm, and your legs,... do you hate me? You can leave if you don't like it here. I won't stop you." His words came out sadly in a scratchy tone as he kept his eyes covered with his hair. I looked down at him, a small smile forming in my lips.

"Dude, it wasn't your fault at all. I saved your life, and I'll do it again if you ever get your sorry black ass in trouble again." I replied in a whisper. I could hear the air he had been holding let out, and he grasped my hand in his own.

"Good, because I don't know where I'd be if you weren't by my side." He murmured before falling to sleep. I stared at him with wide eyes and felt my cheeks redden.

"Good night to you too, jerk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up at the crack of dawn, as usual, I got dressed and set out for the cemetery. I haven't seen mom's grave in awhile, so I guess now is a good of a time as any. I walked through the sleepy town, since everyone still must be sleeping. Some dogs barked as I passed their yard territory, but I did not intrude.

"Ah, General Scarlett Reems." I turned to see Van Hohenhiem himself at the entrance to the cemetery, a pile of flowers in his hands.

"Please, call me Scarlett." I gave him a smile, and we walked in together.

"Is this a visit, or just strolling about?" He asked, setting the flowers down on Ed's and Al's mom's grave. He looks exactly as I remember him. Hohenhiem and Trisha lived not far from my own family's home, and they always told my mother how lucky she was for having a bright kid like myself around.

"So how's your mother, Scarlett?" He suddenly asked, and looked up at me from his kneeling position.

"Dead and gone." I replied slowly.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he looked back down, and I kept my eyes on the rising sun as it slunk over the hills. "I must be leaving soon, and I know Ed would not want me to say goodbye-"

"I'll tell him for you. Done worry." I assured him, seeing a small smile cross his face before he walked off.

Just like he did to Ed and Al so many years ago. He always did have somewhere else to be. Somewhere more important.

"Damn this world." I cursed, "It's so cruel." I stayed at my mother's grave until the late afternoon, arriving back at the Rockbells as Al informed me that we were headed back to central.

Oh joy.

_____________________

Not much happening, I have state S&E tomorrow, (you don't need to know what it is, simply whisk me luck so I feel prepared.) and I am TOTALLY NOT READY!! DX

Anyway,

Comment

Like,

Follow.

~ Saturnthehero.