#sidestorymode!!!!

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"So what are you going to do now?" Lieutenant Maria Ross asked.

"I was thinking of seeing our old teacher. She lives in Dublith, and we need to stop off at Rush Valley for Gearhead here." Ed pointed to Winry as she fantasized about automail.

"Perhaps she may know another way to forge a philosophers stone." Ed explained, leaning on the wall. I sat up onto the bed since Winry freaked out I got into a fight. Ed gets into fights all the time and I'M the one being punished?!? I can see him snickering in the corner as Winry checks my new automail. Mustang simply kept his eyes on the floor; avoiding my gaze, and glaring at the Elrics.

"Seriously. If you're going to hold a grudge, say it out loud." I broke the uncomfortable silence, and Mustang finally stared me directly in the eye. "Those were your own words to me once upon a time. Ironically, I'm telling you this." He looked down again, but this time with a smirk on his face.

"You always had a sassy remark to say." He chuckled. Once we bid our Central friends farewell, Maes Hughes walked us to the train.

"I'm glad you had a full recovery!" He smiles a unforgettable smile.

"Yeah. See Ya soon." I told him, shaking his hand in the process.

"I've been having this weird vibe lately, like I'm not gonna see anyone very soon." He sighed. "But I await your return so I don't feel that way!" He saluted to me, shoving a picture of Alecia, his little four year old, Gracia, and he into my hands. "And take this for good luck!" I smirked and placed the photo carefully into my pocket.

"At ease." I assured him, and he pulled me into a hug.

~~~~~~~~

"Winry!! CALM YO WRENCHES!! We're almost to Rush Valley!" I tried to stop the bouncing mechanic as she stared eagerly out the window. Though, who wouldn't be able to look at her and not chuckle.

"So who's your teacher?" I decided to change the topic. Ed simply gave me a half answer. Men. I sighed at the thought.

"In fact, we aren't even going to Dublith." Edward informed us.

"Why?"

"Because if we were to show our faces, she'd probably find out brother became a state alchemist and our...ah....condition." I whistled loudly before laughing happily at the thought.
"Maybe someone can drill something in that thick head of yours, Ed!"

"I don't have a thick head!!" He exploded into my face causing only more laughter to rise from my throat. This conversation kept going until the train stopped in the station, as Winry literally almost jumped out the window to look at the shops.

"You guys have fun!" I waved to the three as I headed off in another direction. "I'm putting my trust in you not being battered and bruised by the time I find you!"

"I can handle my damn self, woman!" Was the only reply that was spat back as I walked. I smirked and sunk my hands deeper into my pockets as more people have me a sideways glance. I decided to wear my cami red pants with a black short sleeve blouse to show off my intricate new automail. The feeling was quite different from skin, I admit that much. Sure, I could move my arm and legs, and I could feel the weight of the metal on my shoulder, but I could not feel what the inside of my pocket was like or my woolen socks in my boots. that was probably the hardest part to get used to.

"Hey! Miss!" Some random guy yelled at me from his spot next to a counter. "I can see you're not from around these parts." I walked closer to the stand, taking in the stench of oil.

"Yup. I'm from Central." I replied with a kind smile on my face. He smiled back, but differently. The street became less crowded with people and dirty looking men came out of nowhere. Their weapons stuck between their sweaty fingers as they held them out menacingly.

"Then you wouldn't mind handin' over that ol' automail of yours." He chuckled darkly, and a young kid screamed and pointed to the bad men from where she stood. They began to walk closer to me, and I simply did nothing.

"Run miss!!" The girl yelled at me desperately as the men only creeped closer. The thought of these men trying to take me on seemed like a joke. Seriously? Did they know who I was? I failed to noticed I began laughing at my own thoughts.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but my automail is staying on." I snapped my head toward the man at the stand, fire beginning to regret in my eyes. "None of you can take me on."

"We'll see about that."

A guy in back charged toward me, but I simply dodged and tripped him with my outstretched foot. Fool. He fell directly onto his face into the mud, and that's when the flurry of attacks started. I had already gotten half the gang members on their knees when I decided to start using alchemy. The blue light flew off my fingertips as I held my right hand out as I was ready to snap my fingers. Their faces seemed to grow pale as they saw the alchemic reactions take place, deciding this fight was one not destined to be won. They ran like the children they are, but I didn't move. I was the one grown up; not them.

"A-Are you an alchemist?" The young girl asked as she inches closer to me. I nodded and picked up a wrench that had been abandoned into the ground. She eyed my hand wearily, but took the wrench I had held out to her.

"I'm not a bad alchemist." I assured her. "I'm the kind that saves innocent lives at the cost of my own."

"Is that how you lost your..."

"Yes. It was because one of my,....friends, were in dangerous trouble." I answered vaguely, leaving out everything. The girl then looked up at me through a cautious smile.

"I'm glad. My names Heidi. And you?" I smiled back and patted her head. She was only slightly smaller tan me so I took advantage of the situation.

"Call me the Black Shadow Alchemist."

With that, I turned and walked in the opposite direction towards wherever the Elrics had gotten into trouble.

"What the HELL?!?" I saw both Ed and Al tied up behind a woman and her bulky husband. "Who are you?!?" I screeched at them. The woman turned to me, a frown set upon her face.

"A HOUSEWIFE!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~
~(•-•)~
Nothing much to say.

Comment

Like

Follow.

~Saturnthehero