Finally, Wishes Are Granted In A Twisted Way

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"GET UP AND MOVE ED!!" Rose screamed from behind me, and her baby cried in what seemed like a battle cry.

Not on my watch!" I stepped in between the two, transmuting my arm into a sword as blocking Wrath's attack. Ed seemed relieved, in a way, but also frightful.

"Scarlett get away!" He ordered me around. I rolled my eyes and smirked, round house kicking the little bastard. He grunted, falling back a few feet. I turned to look at Ed, but he seemed frozen in fear. There, in front of him stood another homunculus, but this one was different. Ed and her seemed to have the same eyes.

"Trisha Elric..?" I whispered quietly to myself. Their mother. Their dead mother. This is impossible!!

"Ed-"

"What's wrong, Edward?" The fake Trisha called to him, preparing to attack. Idiot!! He finally snapped out of his trance and started to attack, but his efforts were in vain. She literally was made out of water; and nothing had an effect on her.

"We know you're working with the military!" Ed noted, racing forward toward her once again. Wrath intercepted him though, and growled like a wild animal.

"You won't hurt mommy!!" He yelled in anger, pushing Ed back towards us. I could tell he was becoming tired as his attacks became sloppy.

"See ya." I smirked to both Homunculi, transmuting a wall between us as we made out escape. I took both Rose's and Ed's hand as I raced out. Lyra was standing a bit farther in the tunnel, seemingly awaiting our arrival. I'm getting the same vibe off her as I did Dante..hmmm... in getting suspicious.

"You'll never defeat a homunculus if that's the best you can do, Edward." Lyra smiled a dark smile, which I did not like one bit. Ed seemed to become a bit down at the sentence, and I slung an arm around his shoulders.

"If that is the best he can do, I'll always be there to make sure he's alive and intact." I winked, causing Lyra's smile disappeared, and she dropped the subject. Ha! One point: Scarlett, zero points: Lyra the Jackass.

"Isn't that great you got your voice back, Rose?" Edward asked Rose, smiling up at her as she held the laughing baby in her hands.

"I guess." She said weakly. I smiled at her as we began to walk again.

"The next town is not too far ahead." I informed both Rose and Lyra. "We need to go and stop Scar."

"Even if it means he does." Ed mumbled an added part.

"Please don't kill him! Ed! It's not right!" Rose pleaded, stopping her brisk walk to catch our attention. "But do you understand why I'm doing this..?" Ed asked, turning the question into her.

"...Equivalent Exchange..?" He nodded, acknowledging her correct answer. I puffed up my cheeks and turned away with my hands folded across my chest.

"It's not like I'll let him kill my comrades, no matter what they both did in Ishbal. It's still not worth it." I mumbled under my breath, hoping no one heard.

"Don't count on me protecting you. Once the military finds you here, you'll be in danger. Be careful." He reminded the three.

"Of course. We have no intentions of being caught now. We will split off, a small group of citizens staying at every city we come across." Lyra explained.

"They're counting on you, Lyra." Ed turned then to Rose, to which he smiled. "And you as well."

"I'll see you, Ed."

"I'm afraid, this is a final goodbye." His smile fainted, but only slightly before turning back to me. Grasping my hand, he led me back to Liore, and I could hear Rose call back to me one more time,