Limbs lost for those who care

Envy's P.O.V.
The room grew silent after Lust explained her reason for the philosophers stone.
"Wait," The Full Metal Pipsqueak started, "why don't you just go to the person that created you? Why don't you get them to create a stone for you?" I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Homunculus are born, not created!" I growled at him.

"True. Considering our limitations, all we can do is leave a trail of bread crumbs, and advice for an alchemist to create a stone for themselves." Lust explained. I felt the alchemist girl squirm in my hands. I almost forgot I had her, but The Elric's desperate looks at her told me he was planning an attack.

"So you're the one that showed Mugear what to do with the red water in his mine. And I'll bet when Marcoh was researching the stone, you told him the secret ingredient. Not to mention Tucker's experiments and Cornello's fake stone." The kid caught on pretty fast, I admit. No wonder he's a prodigy. I grinned.

"We laid the fake bait out and sure enough, idiots flocked to find it." I laughed. "that's how we found you kids."

"No, that's impossible. Al and I started this journey three years ago..." He muttered to himself. Soon enough, I couldn't handle holding the chick anymore and I dropped her to the ground as she landed with a dull thud. The pipsqueak's eyes went wide as I rolled my eyes.

"She was getting heavy." I complained. He was about to speak again when Lust cut him off.

"You only got here because we let you." She said coldly.

Scarlett's P.O.V.

Ringing took over my hearing, cutting me off from the main conversation. It only returned when I heard the most despicable equivalent exchange ever.

"Equivalent exchange. You create the Philosophers stone and in turn, you turn us human."

How could Ed even consider the deal!?
"And why should I do that!?!" Atta boy, Edward. Now, get your brother, pick me up, and let's get outta this hell hole.

"I don't think you understand, Full Metal." Pain shot through me like dynamite and I screeched to let everyone know. "Not only will we kill Black Shadow, but do you have any idea what happens to a bonded soul to armor when I do this?" I couldn't see through my tear stained eyes, but I could guess it had to do with Al's seal. They were considerate enough to tell me that much.

"You can't!!! He's still human!" Ed pleaded.

"No, Edward. I want her to do this. Just look after your brother." 48 spoke words of truth. What about me? I'm gonna die!!! I screamed once more as Envy pulled on my broken arm. "And look after the girl." He added a second later. "You got lucky with her, boy." with that, metal fell as shards to the ground and walking ensued toward what I remember was Al's direction.

"No,..please. He's my brother!!" Ed seemed on the verge of tears. First they threaten Ed now they held Al hostage. As much as it hurt, I jumped up and knocked Envy out of the way in the process. I charged toward Lust and readied my alchemy to defend Alphonse with my life.

"Oh no you don't!!" Envy's raspy voice warned me before I felt my arm snap worse than all of the other attacks. I looked over, and I didn't see my left arm.

"Now, pipsqueak." Envy addressed Ed, "do the transmutation."

"No brother!" Al cried.

"That's it Full Metal." Lust urged him on. Ed clapped his hands together slowly and sat on his heels next to the transmutation circle.

"Edward!" I yelled with all my might. I saw his body jerk slightly at my voice. "I-If you do this-s,..I'll never FORGIVE YOU!!!"
He stopped, his hands hovering over the circle. He seemed desperate and broken; as his mind had conducted a war with itself. Causing a blank and frightened look frozen onto his face.

"Sorry...Al.." He was able to choke out before turning around and attacking Lust with the force of fifty alchemists. The prison inmates were still huddled in the center of the circle as they watched the battle. Envy leaped off me to help his fellow Humunculi. I couldn't process what was going on. Red water, spilled. Ed, dangerously close.

"Edward!" I yelled before using all of my might to push him away from the dangerous liquid. Instead, I fell.
....

What?

I was in a white void; surrounded by nothing. Creaking came from behind my back, and I stared up at the enormous door in front of me.

"You have knocked on the door. And now the door is open for you." A voice pierced the silence. As it said, the door opened, and eyes stared back at me. Many eyes. I screamed as small, black arms pulled me into their embrace. My brain felt as if it were going to explode.

Then suddenly, it made sense.

Everything made sense.

"-lett!! Oh christ...Scarlett?!?" My eyes opened back up into the world. groaning, I didn't dare try to stand up. Mustang's tear stricken face looked down on me as the car we were in jolted violently over a bump.

"God you're alive.." He pulled me closer into a tight embrace. I didn't try to speak since my throat felt to dry. Instead, I tried to lift my left arm to him, but nothing appeared to comfort Roy. I looked down before my eyes widened in horror at my body.

"R-Roy.."

"Yes?? What is it??"

"W-wh-where's my arm?....a-a-and my legs....?" I was able to gasp before screaming at the agonizing pain.

Edward's P.O.V.
I could hear Scarlett's screams from the car behind. They sounded like an injured animal, not ready to die. I jolted slightly at the sound. I really wish I was in the car with her, helping to calm her.

"Brother...do you think she'll-"

"Everything will be fine." I assured myself more than him. Everything has to be fine. We raced toward the hospital doors as Mustang carried Scarlett bridal style. She passed out halfway there due to blood loss and was now in a pain induced sleep. It's now been five hours since we got here and no news about her. Mustang relied on the steady back and forth movement of his feet as he walked anxiously.

"Even if she were to live," Alphonse spoke up, "she cannot walk with three of her limbs missing.

"And how do you think she lost them, Alphonse???" Mustang raised his voice angrily.

"If you haven't noticed we aren't in the best of shape either!!" I pointed out as the nurse cleaned the deep cut on my cheek.

"Oh, Alphonse in ruins-still alive, by the way, and you have a cut." Mustang has never been this angry. Honestly, I've never seen this side of him.

"Why do you care so much about her anyway?" I asked accusingly. "She's just an alchemist."

"I RAISED HER, FULL METAL." He said with anger controlling his every move. He walked closer, leaning over me ominously. "I taught her alchemy. I raised her. Ask anyone who's been in the military. I took her with me wherever I went. She was my sister, and my reason to keep living after Ishbal." My eyes widened, and I called the one person who knows how to get people back on their feet.

"Winry?"

"Edward! You never call, what happened now?"

"... I need you to put a friend back on their feet."