Holy mother of somone I've never known

Scarlett's P.O.V.

"Rose.." Ed's face contorted into one of confusion, sadness, and... I couldn't even describe it. I've already heard the story of how Al and Ed came to Liore to only find a false stone as well as a false priest.

And alchemic reaction happened before our feet, causing me to instinctively push Edward out of the way as a large spike protruded from the ground and came about an inch from picking my own nose.

"Scarlett?!" Ed pulled me down with him and away from the sharp object. There, I front of us, stood Scar with a really pissed off look.

"And what might you two be doing here?" Scar asked. Heh, if we were my surrounded by bystanders, and undercover, I would believe he tried to welcome us.

"I heard you were throwing a rave on this part of the state, so I stopped by to stop a philosophers stone from being created." Ed said with sarcasm dripping from every light word he said. I almost laughed at Scar's face, and I could even see ol grumpy getting a bit daft in the face after that sentence as well! Don't deny it Scar!

"I recommend you take you girlfriend and leave this town." He stood above is as if he was threatening us. Pfft. He doesn't scare me.

"She not my girlfriend!!" Ed stood up quickly and fumed madly. Oh, did he just say-

"No way do I like this asshole!!" I screamed simultaneously. Ed and I have each other a embarrassed look. Wait- why am I embarrassed? I don't even know anymore!

"You two should not interfere."

"There's something I've been meaning to ask." Ed's gaze only became colder with every word spoken. Something I've never seen him do before. "Three years ago, there was a dog chimera that escaped out into the city."

"I returned both souls to the feet of Ishbala." Scar quickly answered, and Ed's eyes only grew angrier.

"She was a little kid!"

"She was in pain."

"You had no right to kill her!!"

"What would you have done for her?? I did it out of mercy!" Scar,...you have a point but does that not justify for you to kill her by blowing out her brains!! I may not know much about Ed's past, but still, it's not right. Edward charged to land a punch on Scar, but he narrowly missed and the arm went soaring past his head. I stood up from the ground and brushed off my pants.

"Miss! Please, stay away from the fight!" the bartender man pulled me away as the two brawled away. I rolled my eyes and gave the man a 'seriously?' Type of look. "You're not blind?" He widened his eyes in surprise.

"Sorry, don't have time to explain!" I rushed, "if you have a complaint, find me later! General Scarlett Reems!" I could hear a small gasp escape his lips as he stammered for words, but I was already gone. Finally, three blocks away, I found both men on the ground and literally atop one another. Gah! STAHP! My perverted mind! Why!

"Did you forget I could destroy human flesh?" Scar asked darkly as he grasped Ed's left arm. Thin lines seemed to shoot themselves out from the shadows and spread the angry males apart. Then two people, hiding in the shadows like cowards, step out. There stood the two bastards that call themselves Homunculi! The one with the really long nails....Lust? I believe that's what Greed had called her.

"I am Lust." She introduced herself, "this is Gluttony." She motioned to the bouncy ball man who stick his finger in his mouth like a little kid. She turned back to the three of us, retracting her nails. "I cannot let you kill him, Full Metal. We need him to create a Philosophers stone."

"That ain't gonna happen, Slust." I stubbornly walked to Edward's side, folding my arms across my chest.

"Ooh, Lust, can I eat the pretty human?" Gluttony asked, giving me a state that made me shudder. Damn, it's like looking into a void with him. She rolled her eyes and held him back. Ed, on the other hand, pushed me in back of him, and grabbed my hand in his own. I glanced at his face, seeing cool anger as he tightened his grip on my hand. Scar pulled out a small, silver locket and held it up to the moonlight.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked the homunculus, her face turning pale. "My brother gave this to you, many years ago."

"I have no idea what that is." Scar started to scream, and I jumped at the intense volume of his voice. It scared even me. Ed must have noticed this, because he pulled me away as caps ensued between the two. I shivered in the cool night air as it was colder than when we embarked out.

"Here.." Ed placed his cloak on my shoulders, making me instantly warmer than I started. Ed walked a bit farther up ahead, and quickly made his fist come into contact with the wall.

"I can't believe Scar is going to sacrifice these people!" He growled in anger. The house, whose wall he had just punched, the door opened and stood the blasted bitch from Dante's!

"You misunderstand Scar's intentions. He isn't going to kill anyone from Liore." She spoke with an inhuman calmness. Duh! Who else is he going to sacrifice if not the people?!

"What are you doing here Lyra?" Ed calmed down a bit, but I could still see he was an inch away from blowing up once again. Gotta be careful what you say around him.

"After the gruesome death of Dante, I took to find a more constructive way to help with my Alchemy. When I came here and learned of Scar's brilliant plan, of course I jumped in to help!" Wow, brilliant....

...Not.

"And what will the people of Liore do when this so called brilliant plan goes into action?" It was like asking a child what he was going to do with a stolen cookie. Of course they're going to answer-

"The people of this town will leave through hidden passageways as the military comes to suppress the uprising!" She clapped her hands together happily.

...truthfully.

"WHAT?!" I pulled her by the collar of her dress down to my height. She was going to use the military as ingredients in the stone. Roy's part of the offense! He'll die!! "You'd truly sacrifice people following orders??"

Rose entered the room, adjourned in white and holding an infant close to her chest as it cried. I stared at her, and she raised her eyebrows as her eyes went back and forth between Edward and I. She left soon after, up the small staircase of the house.

"I would." Lyra shrugged; a small smirk on her face. "The military had imprisoned Rose for more than a year, torturing her to the point she was too mortified to speak." Okay, that was a blow to the heart. I let go of her, but held my icy haze with her own.

"Then you're gonna have to sacrifice me too. I'm a state alchemist, and I'll do all within my power to make sure no one is sacrificed for this damned stone." I growled at her while Ed's hand snapped out to grasp my hand.

"Done talk like that!!" He angrily cried at me, pulling my attention toward him. But I stormed out before another word was said.

Damn this job.

What do I do now?

_____________________

Another chapter:DONE!! BOOM! Anyway, I can't believe I'm already on episode 39! Before you know it, this whole book will be done. Don't you always get that feeling where you're glad a book ended, but are sad to leave the story? I'm pretty sure all anime fangirls have felt this before.

Comment

Like

Follow

~ Saturnthehero.