chapter 2- drinking contest

'What's the problem Gray?', Erza asked.

'I can't take it anymore', Gray rubbed his forehead in frustration.

'It can't be so bad', Erza stated.

'Trust me, it is', Gray snickered with a pained expression. 'She is even living in my house!'

'Don't start the same conversation again. I'm positive she really loves you'.

Gray sighed. 'How can you be sure? I'm telling you, this curse is terrible'.

'And I'm telling you there are worse curses. You should be lucky with a minor curse like this one. Especially since she wanted to kill you'.

'This is the worst'.

'Gray!', Erza punched the wall as a warning. 'There are a lot of people suffering everyday!'

She calmed down and continued to talk in a caring voice. 'I understand this is frustrating. But I won't let you talk like that, knowing there are people who are afraid everyday... You should consider yourself lucky'.

Gray thought about her words. 'Sorry', he mumbled.

'It's alright. I know you don't mean harm'.

Erza is the only one in Fairy Tail who knows about Gray's curse. To be honest, even Gray didn't understand why nobody noticed this earlier. The first years he didn't even knew what curse was laid on him. After he regained conscious, the girl was gone. It was not until a few years later that he began to understand his misfortune.

For some reason they were mostly the enemies they had to face, but most of them seemed to have a crush on him during their battle. It didn't seem to affect his near friends as much but he saw some glances of guild members as well.

It seems like a innocent curse at first sight. But the pain comes later.

Gray was able to ignore the curse for a long time, probably because the enemies got locked up or disappeared. But then their was Juvia. Just like the others she fell in love with the ice mage during a fight. There was one important difference... she joined the guild and she wasn't planning to leave.

Erza was the first and only to notice the boys flawing over Gray. The curse seemed to be worse when he stripped. She confronted him once. Gray confessed at that time, knowing he couldn't lie to Erza. Erza tried to convince Gray that Juvia truly loved him, but Gray rejected the idea.

'What are you going to do, Gray?', Erza asked after a while.

'Are you sure you don't want to help me?', Gray asked again.

'Not going to happen. I think it's nice of Juvia that she wants to help'.

'I thought you would say that. You're not giving me any choice', Gray walked away.

'Does that mean Juvia can stay?', Erza asked while crossing her arms.

'I guess', Gray sighed in defeat.

He walked downstairs towards Juvia who was waving towards him.

'Gray-sama! Juvia got you something to drink', a wide smile lightened her face.

He sat beside her as she began to help him with his drink.

They stayed in the guild the whole day. They enjoyed chatting with the others. Master Makarov was telling a unbelievable story about his youth to Asuka. And with unbelievable I mean probably fake. We laughed at his wild imagination.

Juvia left Gray to talk to Gajeel for a moment. She once told Gray that they didn't really talk while they were members of Phantom Lord. Since they joined Fairy Tail, their bond grew. Juvia found it necessary to make it very clear she had no romantic feelings towards Gajeel though.