chapter 38- falling

There was a couple who didn't know about the kidnapping of Levy. They continued their daily life as if nothing spectacular happened. Gray was hanging the clothes outside to dry while Juvia was taking care of the kids. At least, that's what he thought. The twins were currently in Juvia's arms. Both wore a different shirt. One was light blue with the text: marry. The other was dark blue of colour and the text me? was written on it.

Juvia had thought about something Freed and Lyon had told her. They both had come with the same idea. Why not propose yourself if he didn't do it?
It seemed like an absurd thought at first. But Gray wasn't showing any signs of proposing, so why not do it yourself? The young woman was getting impatient. They already had two kids together.

Juvia made herself more comfortable and lifted Bozu higher in her arms. He was moving a lot. He was only four month old and seemed more like his father every day. The young child was uncomfortable with clothes, especially shirts.

Teru was practically sleeping in his mother's arms. His eyes closed slowly after yet another yawn.

'Let's go', Juvia said to herself and the kids. Bozu cooed happy as she straightened her back and pushed against the door with her foot to get outside. Gray was almost done, hanging the last pair of pants.

'Gray-sama?', Juvia praised herself for not stuttering.

With one of the clothespin still in his mouth he turned around. 'Need help?', he asked, barely hearable. He swung two pairs of pants over the clothesline and hurried to take Bozu. He threw his son a little into the sky to catch him a second later.

'Gray-sama?', Juvia repeated. This was difficult. Her head was bright red and he didn't even seem to notice the shirt.

'Hmm?', Gray hummed.

'Cl- clothes', the watermage had trouble asking him directly and tried to hint him to look at the shirts his son were wearing. But instead he looked down to see that he had taken of his pants at some point in time. 'WOW', he hurried to the clothesline to grab another pair of pants.

When he got back he asked Juvia: 'Want to go to the guild later?'

'J- Juvia was thinking about spending the day together. Just the four of us', she replaced Teru in her arms so the text would be clearly to see. He was wearing the light blue shirt with the text marry.
For a second she saw his eyes shot to the shirt. The next moment he was back to look at Juvia.

Her face got pale when she awaited his reaction.
He didn't say a thing.
He said nothing about it. He didn't flinch. He didn't send her a questionable look. Nothing, nothing at all.

'Sure', with his free hand he went through Teru's thin hair.

Defeated Juvia decided to change Teru back to his regular clothes. She felt kind of rejected but still had hope that it was nothing more than a misunderstanding. Big chance that Gray didn't read the text.

She gave Bozu and Teru a quick bath before it was time for another sleep. She quietly hoped that they would sleep a few hours this time. She wanted some time for herself.

Juvia started to read at a book she was given once by Levy. She never had the time to start reading it. It seemed like a good time now.
She was almost done with the second chapter when Gray walked in. He gave her a quick kiss and said: 'I thought you wanted to spend some time together'.

She didn't know how to react for a moment. 'But this book is exciting', she ended up saying.

Gray kneeled in front of the chair and placed one hand on her knee. She couldn't help it and looked down at him.
'You're not talking to me', it didn't sound as if he was blaming her. 'I can't read minds... Can you tell me what is bothering you?'