chapter 30- quick quest

'Only the two of you? You two came to defeat all of us?' the leader snickered. 'You've got to be kidding me?'

'I wouldn't underestimate us!' Levy pointed towards the man in front.

'Ow but I do. I know you both. Levy Mcgarden and Gajeel Redfox. You're not the only mage in here. You won't stand a chance'.

Gajeel sighed and flung his iron-sword towards the biggest part of the group. 'Let's hurry. I don't have time for this'.

The leader looked behind him to see at least 2/3 of his team still standing. Many of them tried to check the health of their comrades. 'A monster', one mumbled while coughing up blood. But even though he claimed Gajeel to be a monster, he had made sure not to kill anyone.

'Don't be so impatient', Levy grabbed the hand of the tall man. 'But I guess we could finish this quickly. There is this restaurant I'd like to try with you'.

'Don't tell me you're going to fight together'.

'unison raid, problem with that?' Gajeel glared at the bandit leader.

'But you're a iron dragon slayer and she..', he pointed at the Levy. 'She is a script mage. You're magic isn't compatible'.

'You'll be surprised', Levy had a devious smile matching the grin of Gajeel. The dragon slayer responded while lifting Levy and placing her on his shoulder. Levy swung her magical pen in the palm of her left hand before writing the word "explosion" on the iron club that was Gajeels arm.

Gajeel aimed it at the leader. He was able to catch and stop Gajeel but didn't saw the word till it was too late. The explosion blow about 14 people to the sides but the leader stood still proud. His clothes may be tattered but he wasn't going to give up easy.

He huffed a few times before magic started to gather around him. Air shifted in the process and made the tattered clothes waver. He took a big breath before jumping with immense speed.

Gajeels first priority was getting Levy in a safer area. The only way to do that was to throw her to the side. She fell to the ground with a loud thump. 'Gajeel!' she shouted. She pulled herself up and looked up to see the bandit leader land his first hit.

Gajeel skidded a few meters back before tripping over a rock. The enemy pulled a knife from a pocket on the side of his waist. Gajeel felt a rush coming over him as the knife neared his eyeball. The adrenaline rush gave him the strength to punch the man in his side. The force made him collapse in half. The knife still dug in the tissue of Gajeels shoulder, but it was better then to be blinded.

Gajeel jumped up. The two stood in front of each other, glaring, till the bandit leader ran towards him. Gajeel wanted to punch again but the man slipped over the ground and underneath Gajeels legs. He took a strong hold of the knife and it cut Gajeels legs.

The dragon slayer shouted in pain as he saw blood tricking on the sand. The blood spread and colored the ground in an ominous manner. The man crawled up and prepared another attack. Just to be sure, Gajeel turned his body into iron scales.

'Not good ENOUGH', the man shouted a battle cry before shoving the blade into Gajeels side. Biting through the pain he turned around and punched the leader in his face. The force send the leader flying.

Gajeel spatted the blood forming in his mouth to the side. He glared at the leader till he was sure he wasn't going to stand up. But when he was almost at Levy, she suddenly jumped up and wrote fire in the air.
The words were send flying towards the man who was trying to get on his feet.

He was almost on his feet again when he looked up and saw the fireball. Just before impact he grabbed his knife extra tight. Upon impact he fell again to the ground. Quicker then the last time he stood up again but Gajeel was quicker. He formed the iron club in his hand again and hit him in the stomach. He made sure to lift the leader in the air.
While midair he added another punch by using the iron dragon breath.